xii. | stuck on you

"Mom?" Jaylani looks down at her hands nervously, her mom worriedly looks at her screen," Yeah, are you okay?"

"Yeah mom I'm okay. It's just." Jaylani stops speaking for a moment. Was she going to finally admit her feelings, "I'm in love with Shawn Mendes."

-

The constant honks from the New York traffic fill the room through the open balcony doors. It was a Monday morning, which meant everyone was rushing either to get to school or work, maybe somewhere else.

The smell of coffee fills the hotel room as Shawn walks in. "I brought coffee."

He walks over to Jaylani who sat on the bed, with her laptop on her lap. Shawn gives her a quick peck only for her to grab his face gently and pull Shawn closer, covering his face with small, wet kisses. Jaylani giggles as Shawn groans, grabbing a towel and wiping his face.

"Thank you." Jaylani grabs one of the iced coffee from Shawn's hand. Taking one refreshing sip of the ice cold drink Jaylani sighs. This was another reason why she loved Shawn, he would wake up early some days to get her some iced coffee from a nearby cafe or Starbucks. Jaylani was addicted to iced coffee and she couldn't get enough of it.

"We should go out today." Shawn says secretly making reservations to one of Jaylani's restaurant in New York. "Yeah sure, let me get ready first."

Jaylani stands up placing her laptop on the nightstand next to their bed. Shawn nods, leaning on the backboard, hands resting on the back of his head as he watched Jaylani through the vanity mirror. Jaylani turns around once she noticed that Shawn was watching, "Shawn, stop staring it isn't nice."

"Staring isn't nice but what I'm staring at is nice." Jaylani burst out laughing, clutching her stomach, "Really Shawn, that was really stupid."

"So where are we going?" Jaylani asks as she puts on her earrings.

"That is a surprise hun." Shawn stands up, walking over to Jaylani as she collected her stuff and placed them in her bag.

The make their way out of the vintage hotel hand in hand. The lobby doors open and the scream of fans were heard, Shawn turns to Jaylani giving her an encouraging smile. They were finally coming out with their relationship and Jaylani was a little worried on how their fans with take it. Shawn too was worried but he didn't want to show it.

Jaylani releases her hand from Shawn's, searching her bag for her sunglasses, once she finds them she places them on her face, shielding her eyes from the blinding lights.

She returns to Shawn who was talking to his fans, "Sorry guys but I have to go."

Shawn intertwined his fingers with Jaylani's again before waving goodbye to his fans as they both walked away. "They love us, they love you."

Jaylani smiles wide, "I'm glad, I really love them too. They are just so understanding."

"So where are we really going?" They had stopped at a crosswalk, waiting for the sign to signal them that they were safe to walk. "First part of our date is to explore times square, even if you've been here many times and so have I, we haven't experienced it together."

"Shawn, really?" Jaylani tries to keep a straight face, but failed smiling widely as her heart swones at his cringeworthy yet sweet words. "That's the second time today, what is up with you?"

Shawn chuckles, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and bringing her closer to place a short kiss on her head. Moments like this made the both of them fall more in love with each other, but when were they really going to admit it.

Walking through the underground part of New York, they near a subway performer, who was a huge fan of Shawn.

"Is that your song?" Jaylani pulls Shawn towards the music, seeing a crowd of people surrounding the talented girl.

Shawn sneaks up behind her, putting a finger on his lip signaling the people who noticed who he was to stay quiet. "Do you got plans to night." Shawn sings along with her, but once she realized that it was Shawn singing she stops almost dropping her guitar before Shawn quickly catches it.

"No way." Tears filled the eyes of the girl, hands over her mouth in disbelief that this was actually happening to her. "Yes way."

Minutes of talking to fans and singing with them, Shawn says goodbye making his way to Jaylani who was watching from a distance. "You really mean a lot to them you know?"

"Yeah and they mean a lot to me too. Come on let's go."

-

"Welcome to the team Lani." Josiah side hugs her. They had just finished a meeting for Shawn's upcoming tour. Jaylani had been asked to help Josiah with all the photography needed and all the visuals, which she had agreed. Usually she wouldn't do something like this since she was an independent photographer, always doing stuff on her own, but she was doing this to be with Shawn. Not only that, but she also loves Shawn's crew, they were like family to her.

"Thank you Josiah. I can't wait to be working with you again." Jaylani chuckles, hugging Josiah back.

"The J and J team is back and ready to click." Josiah says making Ziggy laugh loudly enough to make him snort. "Ready to click? What is this some cringe episode?"

Josiah rolls his eyes, playfully slapping Ziggy on the back. "Can't ever keep any comments to yourself can you?" Jaylani was pulled back from the two adults bicker as like children.

"Hey baby, congratulations." Shawn wraps his arms around her, "Welcome to the team."

Jaylani smiles widely and wraps her arms around Shawn neck. "Guess you're gonna be stuck with me for a while."

Shawn smiles widely at her, "Well, I am stuck on you."

-----

Procrastination had become my best friend and I'm very sorry that it has influenced me to not update for almost a week, but anyways here is your update.

Comment, vote, you do you!

-A🌻