14] A Sweet Serenade

Eros has been rambling about consummating our mating bond, through sex, which I never agreed to. He stands beside me, breathing quite nervously as I stay kneeling beside him.

When Eros reaches for the belt along his pants and starts to unbuckle it, my own nerves clear and I inhale a breath; deciding to be bold.

"Eros," I slide around to his front, I bring up my hands and I remain kneeling in front of him as I grab his wrists and his palms. I stop him from unbuckling his belt. He watches me with eyes that resemble a drowning ocean while he was seemingly anxious, and allowing me to speak, "...you know, you don't have to belt me... for foreplay," I whisper, "You don't have to make me scream. Or bite my tits. You could... you could kiss me... gently. You could give me a hand and help me up?" Eros tilts his head in slight agreement and snakes out a hand around the base of my throat, lifting me up and hearing me choke on the air slightly before he lets me go. I stand before him in the entrance to one of the old bedchambers and I caress my throat, "Why are you scared, Eros?"

Maybe it was a bad time to ask why he seemed nervous.

He slowly holds out his hands, grabbing the side of the doorway... he watches me as I take a couple of steps backwards while blood dribbles down my thighs... to my ankles.

"...Lily's red sea... the only thing I see... dripping and staining those petite, little knees..." oh no, he's snarling out a slow predatory song again and he's lip is curling up, showing a thick, monstrous fang. I can't believe two of those things ripped into my neck. It had been the worst pain I had ever felt, quickly slammed away by hormones that sweetened the pain and forced my body to ripple and clench with intense pleasure. It was one of the most terrifying experiences I had ever been through while in the shallows of the beach, being held down. Unfortunately, it wasn't a one off. Erebos needed to feed. Regularly. And now he wanted to fuck too.

Honestly; it was too fast. It was too much.

I cover my pussy with both my hands as my heart starts racing and I turn towards the bed as Eros' eyes roam over me, more lyrics spelling forth, "She wants gentle, a sweet younger me. But I'm hungry... and horny... and I need to hear my mate scream..."

"Eros," I purse my lips as I remain facing the bed, my nerves starting to fire again as his voice gets closer.

A predatory finger slides down across my naked spine and my whole back arcs.

"Coral words... all nonsense to me," Eros' song turns into a simple snarl at this point and the hair on my neck – which is water proof, as all Mermaid hair was – is already dry. Which means his large exhale whispers the hair off my nape, exposing my skin to his mouth... those fangs...

I spin into Eros and I hold out my hands, shoving them into his chest.

My Erebos mate pauses his words and his ocean eyes do not remain still.

They dilate, they skitter as they watch me stumble to the side and try to put space between us.

"I can't, not yet... please..." I beg him and Eros takes one step towards me, making me squeak out, "No!"

His second step has him leaning into the corner post at the end of the bed. He grips it and presses his cheek into the wood, holding himself back as he watches me; reduced to a pained silence.

I look around me as he contemplates my begging from the end of the bed as I stumble towards left wall.

My mind was racing.

What if he didn't stop – what if he didn't allow me to wait – what if he forced me, this time and every time after that – what if my life was reduced to no choices, always...!