28] A Strategy of War

My dreaming is extremely violent. Yet I can't see the images as I wake abruptly. It's gone too quick to remember. All I know is it's gut wrenchingly wrong. Whatever happened. It's pure evil. But then I'm traversing, into the land of the conscious. I was rocking awake, floating in the soft waves of the Deep, my eyes focused on the sun burning and blistering my lips. I feel my tail slowly being dragged with a hand around the base of it. I look up.

Eros is dragging me deep into the middle of the ocean.

"Brutus!" he screams at the top of his lungs, "Brutus! Hey, buddy!" Eros unhands me and abruptly swims away, laughing so loudly he sounds like an overexcited child, with a rough jagged chuckle.

I slowly right myself into a vertical position and rub over my sore, foggy eyes. Every limb is hurting. I have no idea how I got out here but my neck, it hurts too. I reach up and I flinch with the pain. I'm dizzy, hungry, thirsty and very, very sore, all over. I feel like I've been to battle and back.

I look ahead and I can't see Eros for a time, he's out of sight underwater.

I remember, vaguely, how we had sex for the first time, but how it ended, how it went, and where it went... I don't really remember. How I got out here, I had no idea.

I look down and I see claw marks on my arms. They hurt too.

When I look up, I see Eros playing around in the water with a... Great White Shark.

Oh, no.

My instincts have me frozen. I watch, completely still, as my mate swims around it's girth, slaps it's fins and kisses it by the mouth. All the while, the shark thrashes as Eros keeps jerking teeth out of its mouth. The big fat shark swims around him, almost seemingly hunting him.

I'm not entirely sure they are playing.

But by the time they're done, Eros has collected many teeth and uses his power over the Rough to guide Brutus dearest away.

Eros slowly turns and holds a handful of shark teeth in his palm. He looks up at me and smirks when he sees that I am now awake.

"...currency, Lily," Eros slowly descends his chin into the water and swims towards me.

"I don't know how I got here, or what I just watched," I whisper, "Or why I'm injured. Or why you need shark teeth for money..."

Eros doesn't explain right away. He swims right up into my front, wraps a free arm around my waist and hoists me up in front of him.

I'm so high above, I look down upon his face, his chin tilted up, his hair billowing backwards and his eyes eating me up.

"Sweetest..." Eros begins, "Today. You become a Queen."

"I'm not sure I follow you," I whisper, nervous by his passionate intent.

"I vowed I would not tell you the truth of what you were, until you submitted to me, and since you have...." Eros smirks at this, "It's time for you to take back your fated revenge."

"On whom? And wait, what the heck happened and why are we here... in the Deep? I can't see any land," I shake my head to show my confusion, grabbing his shoulders, "...and I feel so weak."

"We fucked and an over supply of my venom mixed with a substantial amount of blood loss sent you into a mindless rage..." Eros is very quick to explain, "You went back to the Ruins and almost killed your best friends."

"No," I shake my head, "No. I didn't. I would remember."

"The one called Halina was clawing at you," Eros nods to my arms, "Don't worry, I pulled you away before you finished her off."