[Part2] ⤀ 25] A Nursing Shark

[Part2] 25] A Nursing Shark

"The riveting waves started to circle the pod of dolphins, who were bullying Brutus – my friend had just finished feasting, calling to me, so I sent the frolicking little flippers flying with my waves, with my power over the current and the ocean – a King of the Rough," I'm watching, ahem – spying – Eros hissing at a bunch of babies in the nursery in the middle of the Clan's Village at night, he's sitting on a stool, hands directing the stories with puppets firmly attached of a shark and a dolphin. He now violently throws the dolphin at the wall and kisses the shark representing Brutus, "No one violates my spirit animal," Eros lovingly pets the puppet while the kids, unable to understand any language due to the fact they are all mere toddlers, simply drool their agreement and speak with little noises of agreement or complaint. Some laugh, but Eros continues, while Trish and a bunch of other mothers watch him explain his bed time stories, "Next tale, little tuna, listen close, there once was a school of pissed off seahorses who bullied Brutus – a terrible day that was, he doesn't like pretty things getting in his way – so, naturally, I killed them."

One toddler giggles when Eros speaks so seriously, while the mothers now jump forward.

"That's more than enough, thank you, very much – yes, we thank you so much for the stories but they should be ready for bed now, ta-ta!" as the mothers scoop up their children in a rush, Trish spots my shocked gaze spying in the window of the hospital nursery for the sick toddlers.

"Your mate is here, Eros," Trish whispers, "I shall leave Lily to attend you for the night company. I am rather tired. Remember our deal, yes? Follow through."

"Lily is here?!" Eros jumps to his feet, blushing mad red as he spins to see me now leaning in on the window from the garden outside, where I had hopped over to see if I had been hearing his snarly story telling, or if I had been just hearing false sounds with the wind, "You should have come inside, I – I was speaking of Brutus! He and I share many sad stories. Entertaining though, I can assure you –"

"I heard. You are embarrassed?" I call it out for what it is, "It's okay, Eros, it was cute..." I trail off, as Eros now promptly stalks to the window and grabs my forearms, abruptly hauling me inside. He settles me on my feet and then stands back, turning so I only face his side... I peer up and I witness... wet... wet eyes?

Eros coughs far too discreetly and turns further from me, hiding eyes now pouring bodily fluid.

What in the Deep?

"Are you sick?" I whisper, coldly, not realising he is legitimately crying, until he tries to speak.

"I'm..." Eros gulps and loses his breath, "This transition is more difficult than I anticipated."

"What – being normal on the Island and following rules?" I ask plainly, frightened when Eros turns to me and I see his cheeks completely ridden by his odd tears.

"No, I am enjoying it – and I feel shame for being so weak because of it," Eros roughly whispers, "Lily – I enjoy the company of children, what is wrong with me? I do not want to eat them alive; why? I should delight in their slaughter, they are so useless but they are so fucking adorable; it is clear, I want my own babies and I want them soon," Eros collides with me now, grabbing my elbows tight and attempting to breathe straight, "How has your day been on this horrible Island?"

"You are hysterical," I summarise, "Calm. Down."

Eros gulps and looks down at our feet, breathing heavily as he tries to control his emotion at the thought of being a father one day. Eventually he lets me go and stalks towards the door to exit the nursery, "Let's go for a walk," he whispers very quietly, "Do not speak – the babes are sleeping close by."