[Part2] ⤀ 28] A Queen's Instinct [2/2]

[Part2] 28] A Queen's Instinct [2/2]

I spot the Crown through the estuary which I decide I will soon flood to fit the ship through. Why? Perhaps because I can also see Aegir spear fishing with his Clan close by – and I had great vision with an early dawn from my position on board the ship.

Blade dealt well with Eros. He gagged him with a chain, put a bag over his head, put irons on his wrists, behind his back, and shackled his ankles, which were connected to the rest of his chains. Eros was also hung upside down. Apparently, it helped Mermaids or Merka of any breed remain asleep.

Blade is quite enjoying preparing for a role as a tyrant.

He's walking around placing shiny jewellery over every inch of him, bracelets on his biceps, rings on his fingers, gold for his teeth.

"You'll sink in the sea with all that on," I joke.

"I'm dressing for land, darling," Blade acts the part, swooping in to place an arm around my waist as he escorts me out onto the deck from his cabin. He knows a thing or two most wouldn't about royal fashion. He drapes seaweed over my nipples, seaweed that suctions into place. Handy; I know. A skirt of seaweed also helps. He even braids seaweed through my hair, "Traditional tribal warrior Queen of the Sea – perfect, Lily."

"I love the whole look," I whisper my excitement, while walking with Blade up to the ship's wheel, where it isn't needed, as I use the sea's Rough to float us forward, "We begin our claim now. We ram into Aegir and his friends."

"You don't like this Aegir...?" Blade asks.

"No. In fact. I can't stand him," I murmur back, "There's something about that closed minded fool – he's so basic, if somewhat charismatic. If he is in line for the throne, which in his mind, he is – he will die first as a great example of what happens if you get in my way. He already tried to kill one of my sisters. I don't appreciate the constant vile behaviour toward Darvs. We have been suppressed and judged for far too long on this Island."

"Anyone who tries to kill or take from your family, must die – it's good leadership," Blade agrees.

"Shut up and let me do all the talking," I add.

"My pleasure, Lily," Blade chuckles out air, "...you say their main concern is Eros...?"

"He is my... pet," I smirk with the reference, "My beloved dangerous animal. They have nothing to fear while he's shackled. He'll be like a guard shark, on a heavy chain – attached to my hand."

I expect Blade's timely and delighted response, but he's now silent as I look forward and I try to spot what he is also witnessing with a grim expression.

"...we're nearing the end of our conversation – are you ready to proceed with the action?" Blade turns to me, "Can you face this destiny?"

"You love to be dramatic. However, to assure you, I am not scared of failing any longer – I know my worth," I respond simply.

"When did you become this enlightened, Lily?" Blade asks, curious.

"I never had a mother, and vowed when I had a child I would be there for them – and be the best mother in the world, so I better start bluffing that I know what I'm doing," I whisper back my admission, "...I just realised being a Queen isn't about the power of the Crown – it's about no longer denying my blood – the power of the Rough grants me the legitimate power to help the Island and my unborn. I'm gifted, and I can't be selfish and keep it all in. I will use it for everyone. I will be better than my own desires –"