[Part2] ⤀ 10] A Sullen Sea

[Part2] 10] A Sullen Sea

I walk Blade's quarters, truly in awe of all he's collected. For whatever reason, he's obsessed with pottery, and strange vases from all over the world. I'm surprised they have not broken, but I guess he somehow read the seas better because of his nature.

Aside from his bed, which is an unmade mess of older sheets, I note he probably sleeps in the rocking chair by a map upon a wooden table that has all kinds of Xs and foreign notes.

He prefers coast lines and cities. He doesn't sail to the Deep very much.

I also find a note book of poetry and sketches.

There is nothing else to note.

For a while, I spy through the stained glass of small windows, watching shadows of the crew running the ship.

Eventually, I know Blade will come back.

I don't expect him to come back with a basket full of food, though.

I'm truly shocked as the door barges open, by this stage I'm on his rocking chair, feeling rather sullen myself.

"Bread – stale. Cheese – fresh. Dried fruit. Some wine I don't mind to waste on you," Blade is now happily shirtless, though I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. He doesn't look me in the eye as he turns, slams the door shut with a boot and in a few prying paces, he waltzes over to a work bench, "Come. I got no pretty place to dine you but – this'll do. All this food is good for your blood."

"My blood?" I ask.

"Aye," Blade stands back and holds out a hand to the offering, "I have to bleed a fair bit of you into the water to get Eros to come – he'll think you're dying. I'd like to see what he'd think of that – no, no, I'm not going to hurt you too bad. Shhh..." Blade shakes his head and then walks backwards two steps in a graceful way, "I, ah... if you will, fill a cup for me?"

Blade is so shy right now, but I feel it's a total act.

As I stand, I look to see he's also put down a dagger and a goblet.

"Are you thirsty, Blade?" I ask.

"It's payment for your journey," Blade tilts his head but still won't look me in the eye.

"Eros says my blood is sweetest," I waltz over and surprise even myself as I quickly choose to do as he bids.

I feel I need an ally and Blade might be one.

Just a strange feeling, is all.

Blade falls silent as I slit my wrist and fill the cup, but before it's full, he quickly comes over and spits on his hand, grabbing my wrist and holding it real tight so it'll heal quick, simultaneously Blade grabs the goblet and takes his fill. I note his touch lingers as he swallows the entire drink.

"...it's... okay..." Blade's lips are bright red as he stares at the bottom of the cup and then finally glances over at me, "It's fine, actually."

I have to pull out of his confident grasp and pick up a stale piece of bread, sniffing it to distract from him. I frown and crack it apart, taking a small bite and chewing while I watch Blade and try to work out his true intentions. I'm not sure.

He knew I could sink his ship, so I know I am no prisoner.

"How is h -?" Blade coughs and starts again, "How is he? My beautiful friend?"

"Fine," I answer, "You know, Eros abandoned me and sailed for 6 months at sea – perhaps he was trying to find you. Perhaps he loves you more than me." I test out the theory, why not?