[Part2] ⤀ 11] The Roughest Sea

[Part2] 11] The Roughest Sea

Lily's POV

If loving Eros had taught me one thing? It was to never trust an Erebos.

Blade anchors down and I decide to go swimming for the first time. Blade opens a door at the back of his quarters and stands with me as I look down at the Rough I ignited.

"Lily. You shall not swim alone, I would not allow it, think of the dangers in the sea for a Mermaid all alone," Blade speaks behind me, quiet and very polite, despite the fact he is my natural predator.

"You have business with Eros?" I ask, "You can call him here but I do not wish to be with him right now. You can both chat. I, on my own, will make my intentions clear. I am going to find my own path, my own identity; before Eros can be with me. What do you think of that?" I am telling the truth, but I'm also testing Blade as well.

"You're breaking your bond?" Blade whispers, a satisfied growl coming out from the back of his throat. I turn to face Blade, as the wind whips through my hair and he starts to take off his stolen sailor's clothes.

"The bond remains!" I yell so he can hear me over the wind, "I suppose you wish I was dead if you love that selfish shark?"

Blade laughs so loud – I can't hear him at all. It's all air as he throws off his coat and shirt, and starts on his breeches.

"Girl. I don't dine alone," Blade winks at me as he kicks his clothes back into his ship, turning to me, "You don't understand my tastes."

"Perhaps you'll enlighten me one day?" I shrug and start on my dress. I am not fazed by being naked. I pull the heavy thing down and Blade all but stares openly, "Will you free Darya?"

"Certainly, when she's back with full blood – she'd only die if she attempted to swim in this cold Rough right now," Blade's eyes focus on my hands.

"Do you perhaps love me, Blade?" I smirk, "Because Eros loves me?"

Blade pauses. His whole world seems to shift and his vision flies up to mine, "He... actually loves you... half-wit?"

"Aye," I shrug, "Nay? Maybe," Blade shrugs back, his eyes now guarded as he holds out a large hand for me to grasp, "Thank you."

"I know how to treat a lady," Blade stands naked by me, kicking in my dress for me, "Follow me closely."

Blade's fingers slip through mine as he jumps off the ship.

I watch his form drop below the water and then I make sure to hop into action.

I would be a victim no longer.

I pull up the ladder leading to the water.

I pull it up out of Blade's reach.

I stare at the Rough choppy seas and I mould them into a different pattern.

I start to churn the waters round quickly.

Into a whirlpool big enough to catch him off guard; and violent enough to kill.

Eros' POV

I float in the water off my ship, feeling the pattern of these waves. So Rough. So sudden.

Not too far ahead is where it began.

Every little ripple of energy I felt for lovemaking. Every ounce of patience I had for Lily and the Darvs to succumb to my Clan's order was drained out of me with their elopement from the Isle.

What kind of generous King won wars and tamed the clueless? Clearly not I. I was made a fool of for my kindness.

I am guided by my intuition now, that Lily has ignited the Rough.