34] A Warning to Heed

It's now early morning and I can see perfectly fine on my own. I spent a whole hour meeting the Orca pod, I had simply been swimming with all the members and playing with them. My Orca spirit friend is a female called Dora. Our bond is obvious over the fact she's the most obsessed with me. She's quite playful, pulling me with her fins through the water. It's all fun and games, however, until she slows in the water ahead of me then turns to face me, a sombre look in her eyes.

Instead of swimming around or past her, I stop before her nose, laying my nose against hers. I want to ask Dora what's wrong, sensing her worry, but then I hear her call to me, singing in her language.

As I listen closely, I feel my mind warp into a lucid state, where I can't see my current, relative surroundings, but I start to see something else.

Huge, dark shapes, dragging through the water. Hundreds of them.

That's all it is, at least that's what I think, until I open my eyes and then – flash.

I see an image of my mother; Fantasia.

It's just a moment, of her in her tail, in the water, swimming up. That's all.

Then I open my eyes.

I look around.

Dora and the pod of Orca are swimming away from me, calling out their farewells.

As if they're busy, they swim quickly away.

I'm sad, but at least it's well into morning, so I'm able to navigate well on my own back to Eros.

I swim for a while, searching for my mate. I guess he'll be waiting for me close by, and eventually I follow what seems to be his... smell. I think it's actually blood, but it's still familiar, so maybe Eros is bleeding.

I follow the scent, swimming until I see the pool of crimson liquid... and the body parts being thrown into the water. It's a small boat that rocks, harbouring this activity. I quickly swim to the surface and I watch Eros drinking blood from a squirming mortal body.

Which stops squirming, when Eros' raging blue eyes, find mine and his jaw snaps shut, crushing the windpipe of the mortal he's drinking from.

The body stills and Eros sucks deep, pushing the victim aside. Blood is dripping down Eros' chin and he wipes it away with a completely bloody hand, which makes the hygienic move, pointless.

"What in the Deep?" I ask, "Are you doing?"

"Feeding. What does it look like, half-wit? I was starving!" Eros stands tall, snarling, his voice dipping low as he watches me with a new glint in his eye, "What is this... I have just realised..."

"Are you speaking about yourself in third person again?" I ask, annoyed.

"Lily," Eros pretends to gasp, "We have not fucked yet in the Deep! Hmm... do you want to fuck on this boat, or through the water? Where Brutus can watch."

Oh my...

This idiot of mine...

I really don't get him.

I sigh and I narrow my eyes, before promptly changing the subject "I actually have something important to tell you about the Orcas, Eros, I saw a vision and –"

My mate ignores me by jumping into the water.

Um, Okay. Rude, much?

I bob down under the water line and witness Eros swimming straight for me, blood staining the water red around him as he approaches. I swim backwards, attempting to put some distance between us.