[Part2] ⤀ 6] An Unforeseen Ship

Eros has soon attempted to ravage my neck, so I've let him sink his fangs in, but he only gets so far. I assume he can taste the tonic I made, lacing my blood with a slight sleeping poison.

Eros' large giant form crumples in a heap at the end of the bed with a loud groan and I kiss his cheek.

Unfortunately for the Erebos of the ball, I had laced all the feminine drinks with the tonic.

I eventually knock on the doors in the early morning to find each Darv awake and confused by their mate's deep slumber.

Without many words, we simply congregate on the shore line behind the estate, dressed in pantyhoses, white shifts and borrowed robes.

It's a solemn gathering because we are surrounded by the enemy on all sides. Mortals. Ezili. Enemy seas. All we really had was limited time and limited options.

I sit on a boulder with Eros' charm around my neck, pretending that I'll wear it just to confuse him further.

"Roanne, Zandy?" I speak to them as they stand still in the shallows, we're all quiet and brooding Servants of the Water's Will, feeling rather stuck on this Isle, "Can you call any of your spirit animals close?"

"The sharks aren't responding, they avoid the fishermen's nets and shark traps," Roanne calls back.

"The dolphins aren't anywhere close, I think all the ones I charmed are at Belle Island," Zandy spins to face us, shrugging, "I can't help."

"We can steal a ship," Darya suggests, "Halina, you said you know how to man one. She's been sailing with the Erebos Axios. He enjoys trading with Bellus. At least Halina knows the seas and can get us out of the harbour before we swim."

There were invisible fishing lines throughout these waters designed to catch stray mermaids, hence we could not simply swim to escape from the Topaz Isle – it was too dangerous. The lines were sunk deep, and would either cut out necks or tangle us until we were straggled to death.

"You can help sway the water with your power over the Rough," Halina looks up at me and I shake my head.

"I will serve as a distraction here. I am not leaving back to Belle Island. I want no part in it," I respond firmly, "Rivea and Vanora can persuade a pirate ship to haul your tails out of Angleton, surely."

"We were going to mention that we know a pirate or two," Vanora bites her lips, "Or five."

"Or six," Rivea chuckles, "We'd have to find them off shore from a ship they're likely to follow and target. Bellus' trade ships are unrivalled in these seas so his line is out of the option. We just need a fairy or a smaller transport, an easier target for pirates."

"What if you just steal Eros' ship?" I suggest, "I don't care. Take it."

"Stop distracting from you, Lily. We need. You," Darya hisses at me, passionately, "And stop staring into the distance, moping about. You need to help us escape or none of us may make it and we'll end up as pretty dolls for their fake mortal arms, or better yet, stuck in asylums, like Eros practically labelling you as crazy. Screw the Ezili Clan. I'm not getting pregnant just because Eros decided we're all going to repopulate his people. We're going back to the Island. And you're. Coming. With us. Okay?"

"If it all goes well, you can send me a letter," I growl back, "I'm not getting back in the water."

"The water is our home," Halina picks up a shell and watches a hermit crab crawl on her palm to say a sweet morning hello, "See? Even the creatures need our protection and guidance. The Island..."