[Part2] ⤀ 5] A Lord's Kiss

[Part2] ⤀ 5] A Lord's Kiss

Later that night

A ball. How sweet. For me? I was about to make this ball my own event, my way, without anyone's helping hand. Quite ironically, this Mermaid only needed her own two feet to succeed in outwitting an arrogant Erebos posing as a mortal Lord.

Eros thought he could get whatever he wanted.

Shocking words still echo through my mind, the very words which have caused this plan to evolve quite rapidly in the first place.

"I will impregnate Lily. Tonight. First, I will woo her gently in front of the others. I will dance with her. Then, once alone, I will pound into her tail in the bed, as rough as I desire, shoving her scowling face into a feather down pillow as I rip apart her womb with my sword of love, buried deep into her sheath of moistest hate. I love her fury. Oh, how I love it. The half-wit has no idea how much I adore the pink rosey blush of her heated blood, ripened with slow rage mixed with forbidden desire, like aged wine. I will drink her whole as I take my fill. My. Sweetest. Lilith."

Pfft. Eros had turned into an artist and a poet apparently. This was Eros' snarled promise to his Generals later that afternoon in the men's drawing room, which I overheard when walking by to the kitchen for some fruit.

Yes. I was avoiding all the Darvs as well. My sisters by blood and fate.

Dareena was keeping the others company. I simply could not cope with their ridiculous name changes. Halina was now Harlequin. Zandy was now Daphne. Roanne was Rune. Vanora was Vanessa and Rivea was Olivia.

Mortal shame, upon Servants of the Water's Will. Warriors. Debased.

I was not the one who was debased, as Dareena had tried to warn me. I was simply expressing myself in creative mysteries. I had it all planned out perfectly.

I walk upon a road now, by the quiet town with quiet alleys off main roads. Angleton was so... pleasant.

Yes. I escaped as the ball began.

Now, I am searching for stragglers.

Ah. There is one up ahead.

I walk petite and slow as I follow a drunken husband into a shadowed rat infested alley.

He leans over to throw up his dinner, groaning with a hand on the bricks.

I simply control the water dribbling down the blue stone, to pool at his feet. One step forward and – slip, bang.

He collapses and I lunge upon the felled mortal, plunging my puny little fangs into his neck.

I pull away before the blood cascades past my neck and I leave him to bleed out, using a small shark tooth fossil to dig the gaping wounds deeper.

I control the water off the ground to wash any blood from my chin, neck and mouth.

Then I wait for the mortal to properly bleed out.

Now that the mortal is dead, I turn to head back to the party.

Shame. That I wandered so far while lost in an episode of mania. I was quite insane and mute after all.

I'm sure Lord Edwin would be having such a pleasant ball and feast while silently and perhaps loudly panicking about my possible whereabouts.

The kind of company that was already attending the ball was massive and all encompassing. At the end of the day, it was not just a small crowd of Darvs and Erebos meeting. It was the finest folk of Angleton. It was lavish and large to cover any mystery surrounding it.