15] A Fractured Clan

I was at the bay, Eros was standing beside me, glaring at the ocean after we had a yelling match in the castle. While I expected him to come chasing after me, he had held himself back. I could see that he was forcing patience.

While darkness was settling over the waves, I was waiting for him to walk into the water first. We were going to meet the Clan of Ezili, after all.

I remember his words... I can destroy the confidence of a Coral army when my own army of Erebos come to take back what is ours. The Belle Island... submissive to Erebos... and punished for their crimes...

I wondered if he had hordes of Erebos, loyal to his word, just waiting to surge forth and reclaim the island.

I would soon find out.

Now, I stare out at the Rough and I feel my heart beating calm. My fear of the ocean was cured, but that didn't mean I felt comfortable swimming in the darkness of night.

A small wave washes in over our toes as Eros stands tall and naked, ten feet away from me.

"Are we going in or not?" I ask.

"I'm thinking, half-wit," he snaps.

"...my sincere apologies," I can't help my sarcasm. My butt wasn't tingling anymore but it was still pink. I glance over my shoulder at my backside and frown – just as Eros steps across the distance and his palm comes flying down through the air, smacking along my sore butt... in a half-hearted spank.

"Don't disrespect me," he snarls low into my ear and I go to jump forward, but he winds an arm around my waist and pulls me into his naked front.

"When you do get to know me better, Eros, you'll know I don't... take orders, lightly," I hadn't been sure what I was going to say, but those words just blurt out of me.

Eros goes silent.

"So, your confidence is finally coming back in little bursts, little Darv? First you dare insult me as an orphan.... I haven't forgotten that one by the way, sweetest... and now you think you're a tough warrior... maybe because I am your mate?" he asks past my ear, rather dryly.

"I walked down those steps, expecting to go for a swim in the Rough, to meet your infamous army of Erebos... what's the hesitation? Aren't we meant to get to know each other better, or something?"

"I don't like the childish sound of your voice when you whine and complain," he rasps, unhanding my waist, he shoves me forward and I fall to my hands and knees as the water slides in. Eros splashes past, laughing sharply, he leans down and his palm slides across the entire length of my spine as he trudges past me into the water, "Let's go."

"...rough shark..." I hiss under my breath as I get back to my feet and run after his long strides.

Eros is already disappearing, neck deep within a few strides, the water doesn't hold him back at all. I'm only waist deep when he disappears under the waves and I pause.

"Here we go..." I murmur under my breath, right before he does exactly what I know he'll do.

I can't see dark shapes move in the water, but I feel the movement flush across my legs before his hands grab my knees and he pulls me under. The Rough encases me and Eros pulls me close. He holds me tight into his front as my tail shifts into place and he curves his tail in perfectly timed kicks with my own.

Chest to chest, in a strangely comforting way, Eros swims me close to him. I don't understand why we have to be so intimate while swimming and all I can see is the concentrated look on his face as we shoot through the water.