Finally Spoken ~Ruby Martinez~

A/n: I changed my profile picture, and this is PT 2 to the previous imagine.

~~~

It had been four weeks since your heart was broken. You hadn't really talked to either of them since that day, just trying to get over Ruby. You went on a few dates, but couldn't stop yourself from comparing them to Ruby.

You knew deep down that you loved him more than you wanted to admit to yourself or anyone else. You knew that he was your love.. but you weren't his. Olivia was his person, and as much as it hurt, and it did. It hurt like hell, but if he's happy with her you could take it.

You sighed, checking the time on your phone once again.

3:12 AM. You groaned and slammed your phone down on your bedside table. You turned over, so you were facing away from the window as you
closed your eyes again once again.

3:42 AM was what showed when you checked the clock once again. With a sigh, you turned to lay on your back.
You couldn't sleep. You only had Ruby on your mind and how you should've told him earlier. Maybe you would be with him if you had.

You knew you had to tell him. It was killing you not to. He had to know, no matter the consequences. You sat up in bed when you heard a knock on the window. The knock was familiar, it was Ruby's knock.

You stood and wandered over to the window, you took a deep breath as you pulled the window open.

"Hey," He whispered, a hint of something you couldn't quite put your finger on present in his tone. "Can I come in?"

"Y-yeah, yes." You nodded, stepping aside to allow him in.

Once he was in your room he turned and shut your window.

"Hi," You whispered, smiling softly at him. "what are you doing here?"

"Well, I missed you. We haven't talked in a while, y'know" He explained, glancing around your room. "I missed you, (Y/n)"

"I-I missed you, too, Ruby.." You sighed, sitting on the end of your bed.

"Why did you leave so suddenly?" He asked, sitting next to you on your bed.

You hesitated, trying to figure out what to say.

"How's Olivia?"

"Good, I guess. We broke up.."

"What? I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, I like someone else. I always have."

Your heart stopped as your mind filled with names of girls you knew he knew.

"Oh, well that's good."

You said awkwardly, folding your hands in your lap. The two of you sat in silence, and for once in your eleven years of friendship it wasn't a comfortable silence.

It was filled with tension and nervousness. Neither of you knew what to say or what to do.

Finally, after a few minutes of silence you decided to break it.

"Ruby the-"

"Y/n, we ne-"

Unfortunately, you spoke at the same time.

"Sorry, sorry, you first!" You rose your hands in surrender.

"No, it's okay. You first."

"O-Okay, here goes nothin'," You inhaled deeply and closed your e/c eyes. When you opened them, you turned your head to look at him. "There's something I've been trying to tell you.. for a while now."

"What is it?"

"I was actually trying to tell you the day I ran out.. and two weeks before that."

"Are you stalling?"

"You know me so well!"

"Y/n, you're stalling.."

"Sorry, but you need to know this. It's killing me inside to not tell you."

"What is it?" He placed his hand on your knee, causing your nerves to escalate.

"I really like you!" You rushed out, "Like.. really like you, a lot."

"You do?"

"Yeah, yeah. I do, and it's okay if you don't like me back, I'd get it.."

"No, I do! I like you too!"

"Really?"

"Really!"

A bright smile rose to your face as you  stared at him. You made a split second decision and leaned forward to kiss him. You placed your hand on his cheek as your lips moved together in a sweet and soft kiss.

You were glad things were finally spoken.