Arc 1 Chapter 8

The place was indeed amazing.

The arrangements of the flowers, the beautiful fountain, and the roof of the green House was open, it was a cloudless night with stars twinkling so brightly. The candle light's soft glow illuminated along with the full moon's light. The fireflies danced around aimlessly creating a magical and beautiful effect. The flowers are in full bloom.

"Let us all sit down" As host, Father Jin lead them to their seats.

Madame Jin pushed the wheelchair of Cordilia and helped her sat down.

"Cherry, why don't you sit down beside Xian Er" Madame Jin suggested

"Okay, Madame Jin" Cherry smiled

'Okay, I can still salvage the situation. If I show them my sincerity. If this bitch refuses me, they will see her as an ungrateful spoiled brat' Cherry thought with a big smile.

"Sister Xian Er, try this one. It's very good" Cherry placed the braised pork on Jin Xian Er's plate.

"Please don't call me Sister, it makes me uncomfortable. We are not siblings, only my soon to be Sisters in law are allowed to." Cordilia politely said before she poke her fork on where the pork was before she used the knife to slice it and ate the pork, she nodded in satisfaction.

Meanwhile, Cherry's face was red due to embarrassment and looked she was wronged. But Cordilia was correct, Cherry has no right to keep calling Cordilia as her sister when the other party rejected her intimacy.

"It's okay, Cherry, don't mind my sister. She's always like that. Perhaps it was our fault too for not letting her out and have some friends" Jin Huang Er chuckled, Cherry only nodded but felt another resentment grew.

'This girl is so hateful!' Cherry thought bitterly

Throughout dinner they spoke about a few things. Dessert finally came, Cherry Lin grabbed another opportunity.

"Young Miss Jin, try this black forest cake, it's absolutely delicious. It's my favourite and I hope you like it as well" Cherry said and placed the slice on the Jin Xian Er's plate.

[Host no! Don't, absolutely don't eat that!] System exclaimed, startling Cordilia.

'Why?'

[You must not. You have allergy on chocolates. Don't eat that] System warned

'All the more I would eat it to pour more dirty water on the Heroine' Cordilia responds

"Oh... Uh..... I don't like eating chocolate. Sorry" Cordilia said awkwardly

"Young Miss, I know you don't like me but at the very least don't embarrassed me" Cherry frown, looking hurt and wronged by the rejection.

"It's not that. It's just that I really don't like eating chocolate" Cordilia shook her head

"Just one bite" Madame Jin coaxed her daughter making Cordilia stiffened.

"Mother...." Cordilia frowned

"If she does not want it, don't force her" Jin Xuan Ming said

"Aw come on, Little Blind always likes sweets" Richard said

"Go on, just one bite Little Sixth, give Cherry some face" Jin Huang Er said

Cordilia grasp the fork and cut a slice. She hesitated before she ate the slice. Chewing and then she swallowed it.

"It's delicious, isn't it?" Cherry grinned in triumph.

Cordilia stayed silent and placed the fork on the table. She felt... Uncomfortable all over, starting from her throat, to her stomach. Then... Cordilia can't breath.....

"Ugh..." Cordilia clutched her chest and fell off her chair, causing a panic.

"Little Sixth!"

"Xian Er!"

Cordilia's face had turned red and started swelling.

"Allergy! Quick! To the hospital!" Madame Jin yelled

Jin Xuan Ming already carried his sister in his arms before he sprinted outside to his car. Gently putting her in the passenger seat before he ran to the durvers seat and quickly stepped on the gas paddle.

........

[Host..... You really are annoying. I told you not to eat it, did you listen to me? No] System sighed, Cordilia only chuckled weakly.

"How is she Doctor?" Madame Jin anxiously waited outside.

"We managed to stabilised her condition but her allergy had been severe and it will take a while for her to come home... Its just that... She will have trouble breathing from now on." The Doctor explained

"Why? What's wrong with her" Father Jin frowned

"The reaction was very strong. When it triggered.... It only attacked her lungs and heart.... It caused a damage to those two organs. But don't worry, we will do everything we can to save her" The Doctor felt the room temperature dropped so he hastily explained.

"Can we see her now?" Jin Ling asked

"Yes. You can now see her, but only outside. Her heart is pumping weakly, as we feared that it'll give up." the doctor lead them

"She is in a coma for now. The lack of oxygen did not only affect her hear and lungs, but also her brain. It'll be on her own to fight if she wants to live" The Doctor said as they watched from the window.

Cordilia laid on the hospital bed in a hospital gown, cables and wires were attached to her, the oxygen mask, there heart monitor that was weakly pumping, her pale skin had turned even paler with traces of pink spots here and there.

"My daughter!" Madame Jin burst out crying.
...........

Author has something to say:

Cordilia: I really want to smack the female lead
System: it was your fault for eating it and not shoving it on her face.
Cherry:...... I demand to change my character hey! I am being bullied! QwQ
Author: I did a mass update huh. Hahaha I was just that bored
Everyone:..... (¬﹏¬)