Arc 2 Chapter 23 End Of My Beloved Empress

While Cordilia was giving birth.

Outside a woman wearing a dark Cape walked in the capital.

Walking through the bustling capital, her destination in mind is the Imperial Palace of the Xue Royal Family.
.............

Long Ji Wang is extremely dissatisfied on the outcome of his kingdom. Of what his kingdom has become.

Dissatisfied he may be, he still value his life, he, like his brother in law Feng Shirui and his brother are living in the mountains, satisfying it was for them to have a peaceful life away from the critism of the public.

Long Ji Wang watched as his wife, Feng Qian brushed aside the warnings of her brother and hell bent on taking revenge.

"Leave her be, what the outcome of her actions, it has nothing to do with us" Long Ji Wang said while hanging his laundry to dry.

All of them are still possessing their clothing from the imperial Palace, although selling it to gian silver, it would be a shame, plus the cloth is valued high and warm during the winter.

It's not that they are lacking in money, there was a large garden with alot of vegetables and they have raised chickens for meat, there was a river not far away and they don't lack firewood

Although this situation is pitiful from a descendants of the aristocratic family, the three of them thought its heaven compared to being rotten in prison. Plus, it's not bad, better even than in their times in the barracks.

Long Xian Zhu occasionally go down the mountains to buy papers, brushes and inks and sell poems, paintings, and short stories to gain some money to stock up just for emergency porpuses in the future. He was a Scholarly Prince though he did not mind this peaceful life, it's kinda better than the Imperial Palace.

One thing Long Xian Zhu noticed is that when they watched their Empire got burned, his brother, the former Emperor did alot of thinking, took him 3 weeks from thinking pros and cons of their situation. Long Xian Zhu looked up from his painting that he is waiting for it to be dried and observed his brother. Long Ji Wang still has that oppressive might but it mellowed down, ever since his brother finally got the possession of the Emperor he changed greatly that even Long Xian Zhu feared him but now, he is kinda glad that he had his brother back from the normal him years ago. Really, having Imperial Power is scary, it's toxic and highly addictingly dangerous. Long Xian Zhu had seen it coming long before that the Da Long Empire will fall sooner or later, he just did not expect that it would in his brother's reign.

He then remembered the person who caused the downfall. Really, that girl. Long Xian Zhu shook his head as his hair stood. The first time Long Xian Zhu laid his eyes on her, Feng Xian Er, his first thought was that he was impressive, for a commoner. He highly suspected that she is from an aristocratic family, maybe an Illegitimate daughter that was hide away. Long Xian Zhu was interested at the little girl that time that he failed to notice that thing in her eyes. It was like, no, she was looking down on everyone and he got the feeling like the way she could read them was unusual, like she was watching a play that displeased her so she stole the role of an orchestra and made them destroy one another instead. That's it, the darkness in her eyes that she seemed to be quite aware.

She wants to destroy the world.

That's what his Frost impression. It doesn't makes sense as she doesn't really follow his expectation at all, her reactions are all wrong, damn it! Long Xian Zhu sighed and looked at the sky, It really was unfortunate for them to cross over Feng Xian Er.

Feng Shirui did not like how his Emprire fell under a large scheme of a 16 years old girl. It made his pride shatter just thinking about it. However, Feng Shirui did not resent, after all, it was the previous Emperors of Da Long who wanted more power, to conquer. It had lead into destruction in the end. What he did not expect is that Da Xue would suddenly make a sharp turn and became a trading and mercenary Empire. What made Feng Shirui amazed is that the hidden porpuse, the darker yet cunningly sly porpuse it truly held. He has no doubt that in the future it would become an Emprire no one dared offend. It made Feng Shirui admired Feng Xian Er even more, completely ignoring that the girl's personality makes you wanna cough up blood and flip the table. Such a woman to have outworldly insights really are a treasure. Feng Shirui had the hunch that even if the previous Emperor knew of the outcome and not let Feng Xian Er married outside.... She will destroy the Capital on the inside. They are no match, Feng Shirui knew that and so, he felt dejected as his little sister tread on the path of revenge. Walking out of their built wooden fences.