Arc 4 Chapter 11

Cordilia quirked her lips up.

Bai FuRong was able to sensed that the gaze upon her were not of curiosity but pity and mockery.

Bai FuRong was not stupid, following their gaze, the first person she was able to recognise was Jack Gu.

So she stop midway to her descend on the spiral staircase. He is actually here, Bai FuRong was quite thrilled but displeased as his attention was not on her. As she had heard from Ai Xian, Jack Gu had not been in a relationship with anyone and it has already been 5 years. It's been so long.

Bai FuRong shifted her gaze and it landed on someone familiar.

Teal orbs versus Scarlet orbs clashed in the air. Lightning sparks between them.

Bai FuRong could not believe that someone like Liu Qinghua would be interest with Jack Gu, no wait, it should 'How can Jack be interested in some foul mother and uncultured woman like Liu Qinghua'

Not to mention, they wore dresses that looks very alike, in the sea of people, red dress really stuck out like a beacon.

Liu Qinghua felt really awkward at that time. Although she had worked hard for 5 years, how can she beat someone with 15 years of experience!? Not to mention, the person was 4 years her junior!

Unwilling as she is, Liu Qinghua is no match with Xiao Gongzhu!

Cordilia naturally knew what was going on her head so she shifted her gaze to Jack Gu then his date was his assistant that had long since fadded in the background.

"Go chat with your date. Your quite rude disturbing my peaceful silence with mine" Cordilia said coolly, with the silent atmosphere, her words was quite loud.

"You don't have a date" Jack Gu rebuked

"Are you blind? Not only you are blind when it comes to fashion, you seemed to also be blind with other things. Clearly, my cat A'Yuan is my date tonight" Cordilia said with contempt, softly scratching the white cat on the back of its ear, meowing softly. The white fur of the cat is a strong contrast on Cordilia's red dress.

"..... Pets aren't allowed" Jack said

"Invitation says otherwise. A person must bring a date, I brought my companion. Someone otherwise, not only was she late, she also does not have a date. Its against the paper, why don't you go over and scold her. Otherwise, it would be seen as you bullying me" Cordilia smiled brilliantly

Jack Gu frowned and turned around, he froze when his eyes landed on Bai FuRong who was talking with Ai Xian.

Cordilia scoffed at Jack Gu, "You better watch your actions, your mother and father are here" Cordilia reminded

Jack Gu had a complicated expression and anger in his eyes, seeing Bai FuRong talking quite seriously with the famous Composer, Ai Xian. As he was going to go over, Cordilia's words doused cold water on him.

It seems he was cornered between a tiger and a cliff.

Cordilia watched on before in the corner of her eyes, she saw Yin Shuan approached her with an off expression in his eyes.

Jack Gu had been dragged by his mother away, so Yin Shuan had the chance to go up.

Cordilia placed the empty wine glass on the table.

"Miss Liu, may I have this dance?" Yin Shuan asked politely.

Cordilia frowned and thought for a moment, since she can see Mother Gu walking over in the corner of her eyes, Cordilia accepted the outstretched hand.

It's not like she wanted to dance, but she have a guess what Mother Gu is up to.

And so Yin Shuan gently pulled Cordilia to the dance floor where others are also dancing, everyone had broke into gossips

When Cordilia looked up, her soul almost flew out of her body in fright.

"You're not gonna make me leave that easily, Cordilia chan" Purple eyes flashed with dangerous glint.

Cordilia wanted to run.