Arc 2 Chapter 14

The wedding was quite grand. They even invited the Female Lead and Male Lead, there are few princes that came.

Knowing the protagonists are in vicinity, Cordilia's alarm bells rang loudly. The Protagonist Halo would trigger and invite things that would make them shine, naturally, a cannon fodder such as herself with her partner in crime, Final Boss, would really roll on the mud and dirty themselves, so that the divine, clean, and pure protagonist will definately stand out, even if the event was made for those unfortunate 'dirty beggars'

A'Yuan commented, [𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚝, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑]

Cordilia raised a brow, 'It's true, don't try to reason with me. When has the protagonist halo been anything but bias and partial?'

A'Yuan reminded, [𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚘, 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚘, 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚜 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚗𝚎𝚝 𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚘. 𝙸𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚛𝚘, 𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍]

'SCRAM! You and that damn halo find a cliff and jump off! I don't need that troublesome halo alright!?' Cordilia hissed with an annoyed look

A'Yuan changed the topic, [𝙰𝚒𝚢𝚊! 𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗. 𝙸𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎]

'Whatever. This wedding was only held for benefits that both side would get. There is no use on being excited about it' Cordilia said coldly

A'Yuan was optimistic that his host, [𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎, 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎. 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎, 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚜?]

'Whatever, A' Yuan. And someone I like..... Perhaps I would if I could remember.... But there is someone that I would like to, however I could not remember..... ' Cordilia trailed off

A'Yuan perked up in curiosity and also got annoyed, '𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚗𝚎? 𝙻𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚍? 𝙸𝚜𝚊𝚊𝚌? 𝙴𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎? 𝚆𝚑𝚘? 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢?'

Cordilia felt that they arrived. How did she know that? The sedan chair finally stopped. Her vision was covered by the Red veil on her head, she wore a bright red traditional Chinese wedding dress. On her head was a golden phoenix buyao nd other accessories, although it held some considerable weight to her, being aartial artist, it would cause other women's neck sore.

As the groom, Xue Jin Ying walked over, wearing a bright red wedding clothes, he kicked the sedan door to welcome the bride, as what tradition said.

(A/N: I have no idea what how this works okay? So forgive me)

After the wedding ceremony, the bride must go to the bridal chamber first to wait for the groom.

And while Cordilia wait, she played solitaire to pass the time.

Night finally arrived. Xue Jin Ying stumbled in the bridal chamber, slightly tipsy. As per tradition, he grabbed the rosewood rod and used it to removed the red veil. Cordilia stood up and went to prepare the wine and food.

"You really are willing to give face to those people, how noble of you" Cordilia commented as she habitually combed Xue Jin Ying, sending her inner force in his body to dispel the effects of alcohol

"Hmmm. Its tradition, its not like I wanted to" Xue Jin Ying said as he closed his eyes, letting Cordilia do what she wants.

After a while, Cordilia removed his outer robes, leaving his white inner robes, Cordilia tossed him gently on the bed before she tucked him in.

'Gosh, you should be thankful I get to serve you. Humph!' Cordilia's eyebrow twitched before she removed her outer robes and randomly tosses it, creating a scene that would at least be evidence of their love making or whatever.

The ancient people always has a pit in their brains, specially servants, they would conclude things on the whim without actual evidence, and Cordilia used it to her advantage. She pushed Xue Jin Ying slightly to the side before Cordilia grabbed the vial of blood from her dowry box, she dropped a few drops on the white sheet before she took out some milkish white cream from the System space. She randomly sprinkled it on the bed and let it dry out, waiting while she combed her hair.

'So what if she is faking the evidence? This benefits Cordilia and Xue Jin Ying and not be on the disadvantage position okay?' Cordilia thought

'What morals? What integrity? In ancient time, even in modern times, you need to fight dirty if you wish to win. Be a clean and 0ure white lotus? Get ready to be tainted then, in this world, there is no such thing as pure, gentle, and innocence, sooner or later they will blackened themselves.'

[𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚝, 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝, 𝚊𝚑!щ(゜ロ゜щ)]

That question was left unanswered as Cordilia focused on her task at hand.

Satisfied, Cordilia got in the bed and placed a pillow between her and Xue Jin Ying and went to bed.

[..... 𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝙸 𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜(;¬_¬)] A'Yuan commented

'Maybe I will, but that will be in the nearby future' Cordilia said before she drifted off to sleep

[𝙷𝚖𝚖𝚖𝚖..... 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝.]

................