Part 8

Eight

I was up and dressed early the next morning. I had dreamt about that tranquil place again. But I wasn't alone. Someone else was there watching me. But not in the creepy way. More like the way someone watches over someone. A guardian.

I wrote everything down in the leather journal. I had found that the headmistress had recounted everything I had told her about my nightmare. I made a few more notes below it before recounting my new dream.

I thought I was early to the great hall till I saw the guys chatting at the table. Looked like they hadn't been there that long. I skipped over to the guys at the table feeling upbeat. I didn't see the girl speed walking up behind me till I was being pushed to the side. Two guys caught me and scowled at the girl.

"You okay?" One asked as they both helped me up.

I nodded. "Sorry for falling on you guys."

"Any time sweetheart." The other said with a smirk.

I blushed as I walked away from them. I looked ahead and the girl was all over Marek. He was leaning away from her as far as he could go. She looked so slutty as she tried to entice him.

I walked not so confidently over to the guys. As I drew closer, Marek turned to see me. His eyes begged to be saved. I smiled at him trying to silently telling him to go with what I do. His eyes replied for me to do anything that got the slut away from him.

I effortlessly went up beside him and slid my hands around his neck. "Hey babe. Did you sleep well?"

He smiled at me liking this play. "Better now I see you here." He gently pulled me done on his lap grinning like a fool. He turned to Miss Slut. "Kathleen, I'd like you to meet Hope."

"Hope? What kind of name is that?" The girl sneered. She huffed as she got out of my seat. The one I've been sitting in that Marek had originally offered me. She gave Marek one last look before fretting off to another table.

Marek sighed setting his head on my shoulder. "Thank you so much for doing that. She would have stayed through all of breakfast if you hadn't acted like my girlfriend."

I smiled. "You're welcome. I've always wanted to do that. I am so glad to help."

I tried to get up, but he kept me trapped. "Nope. I have you now. I don't think I'll let you go just yet." He smiled at me as he reached around me lifting up a piece of toast from his plate.

I frowned. "Then how will I have my breakfast?"

He pouted around the piece of toast. He chewed and swallowed. "But how will we keep her and her kind away if you're not on my lap?"

I smiled with a bit of a blush. He was cute with that desperate look on his face. I tapped his shoulder and he reluctantly let me go. I walked around his chair and got into mine. I moved it closer to his and took his hand. "How about this?"

He smiled happily and kissed my cheek. "Perfect. Even I would mistake us for a couple."

I shook my head at him as he moved his hand to rest on the seat behind me giving me the freedom to order my breakfast. I giggled putting the little piece of paper on the silver tray placing the lid on it. Everyone was shaking their heads as I lifted the lid and laughed at the paper being gone.

"You're cute when you see something mysterious." Marek said as he tapped my nose. I giggled embarrassed.

"Okay you two. You're becoming worse than us and you're not counterparts!" Nathan laughed as he tossed a biscuit at Marek.