Part 26

Chapter 26

"I'm glad you were able to come and stay with us." Aunt Dee said to me as he hugged me. We were leaving for the airport and our taxi was waiting. "And I'm very glad your mom couldn't make it. We've really seen a better side of you." She whispered into my ear.

I smiled at her. "I'll see you next year."

"Have a safe trip."

"Bye Aunt Dee." I said as Marek helped me over to the taxi.

The ride to the airport was short like it was when we were going to my aunt's. I was excited to get back to school. Even though I like being around my family, I loved being at school. I felt normal there.

Marek helped me out of the cab before getting our bags from the trunk. I loved that my suitcase had wheels on it. That allowed me to hold the handle and Marek could have his hand on my waist while he pulled his along too.

Marek insisted on doing everything at the airport. I just sighed and let him. I had to. I couldn't put my bag on the ledge let alone pull my wallet out of my bag to get my ID. That's why Marek had my ID. So we could check in at the desk. I just had a small purse on my shoulder with a book, a journal, and a pen inside. He had everything else.

Finally we finished with checking in and going through security. We walked over to the coffee shop as our flight still had an hour before we departed to go to BWI. We had discussed getting lattes and relaxing at the terminal.

Marek smiled as we came up to the counter to order. He has gotten very good at predicting what I wanted to drink. And again he was amazing. He doesn't even have to ask me for confirmation, he was right. I had wanted a black and white mocha latte. He got himself one too.

Marek thanked the baresta for the drinks. I felt someone behind me place a hand on my hip. I turned startled to find Zander grinning like the little demon he is sometimes. Marek frowned when he turned back to me.

"What are you doing here Zander?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged as the baresta shouted a drink and he leaned over taking it. "I saw you and thought it was an amazing coincidence that we were both here. Why are you in this neck of the woods?"

Marek frowned more as Zander took it apron himself to steer me toward the gate still holding my waist. Marek had to follow with the drinks in his hand. This was a bit awkward but not new. Zander like to do this to ruffle Marek's feathers sometimes.

"Most of my family lives up this way."

Zander jerk back the tiniest amount. "Really? I haven't met a Lund up this way and I've lived in this area for all my life."

I nodded. "Most aren't Lunds by name anymore. Most married and took their husband's last name."

Zander helped me to sit down when we reached the gate and Marek looked left out. He wanted to be the one to help me, not Zander. I smiled up at Marek. He returned it a bit sadly as he handed me my drink.

Now I had a guy on either side of me. Zander on my left, Marek on my right. Talk about tension. I was so happy to be between them. I was the buffer for Marek.

"So..." Zander started as he turned back to me. "Did you have a good thanksgiving?"

I nodded smiling at Marek. "I had a lot of fun. Especially playing cards with Marek as my partner." Marek smiled back at me as he kissed my cheek.

I turned to Zander who had looked away. "How was your thanksgiving with your family?"

Zander shrugged as he turned back to me. "Nothing really to talk about. Same old, same old. Mom cooked. Dad boosted his latest deal. Sister showed off her latest boy toy. Nothing new."