Part 32

Chapter 32

Hope's Point Of View

"So far class, you've been working on you basic elements. That which have a physical manifestation. Now we're going to work on your advanced elements." I smiled as I sat in Professor Gilliett's elements class.

It was the first day back from the holidays. I had been so excited to start up again. Half the great hall this morning was just as enthusiastic as I was to start classes. The other half was grumbly. They wanted to have a longer holiday. To me, it was long enough.

I listened intently at what Professor was saying. "This half of the year may be difficult for some of you. The advance elements are those within you. They advance your inner gifts. They help and aid you in everything you do. You've most likely been using them all your life and not even know it."

He went to the chalkboard and started to write. "As you all know, there are four basics and four advanced elements. The four advanced elements are Life, Death, Light, and Darkness. Don't be fooled by their names. Those with death and darkness aren't always bad. The same with light and life always being good."

He drew the school's star on the board and put the elements in their positions. "There is a relationship between the basics and the advanced elements." He put arrows from the basics to the advance elements between them. "This is the relationships between the basics and advanced. See how if you have fire and water that your life element has those two to draw more power from. It's the same with the others."

He went on and I smiled taking notes. This week we'd be learning the relationships between the different basics and the advanced. The reasons why they aided the advanced. Also the basic information about the different advanced elements.

"Alright students, I want you to make a chart of the advanced elements and list the different gifts they can give to their people. Don't forget to add sub-sections detailing what they get within that element with aid from their basic elements." Professor Gilliett told us just before the bell rang.

I smiled as I packed up my notebook and put my pen back on the chain around my neck. I got ready for my next class. I held back the giggles as some people grumbled about the assignment. I didn't mind at all. I wanted to learn about the elements as much as possible.

Leaving the classroom I heard my name shout out. I turned to find Zander weaving his way through the crowd. He skidded to a stop in front of me. "Hey Hope."

I smiled at him. "Hey Zander." I shifted my books to my other arm. "How are you?"

"Good. You?"

"Wonderful."

He smiled. "That's good." He looked down shyly before he pulled a small gift out from his bag. "I got this for you." He shrugged. "Thought of you when I saw it."

I took the package and unwrapped it the best I could. Inside was a small statue. An angel with a knitted witches hat.

I smiled at it and looked up at Zander. "It's so cute. Thank you."

He blushed. "I asked my grandma to make the little hat for you. She thought it was cute too having the hat on it. She even hoped me affix it to the statue."

I kissed his cheek. "It's sweet."

"I'm glad you like it." He took my books from my arm. "I'll walk you to your next class so you're not overwhelmed."

"Thanks."

He shook his head as he started down the hall. "I asked for tips from my family how I could be nicer to you. This was one idea."