| Chapter 1 |

Chapter One

* * * * *

"Stupid traffic!" I yelled, hitting the steering wheel out of frustration.

I have meeting to get to and I'm stuck in traffic! I looked at my watch and groaned. 20 minutes late!

Mom and Dad will have my head. Turns out we were having a meeting with the competition, The Agrestes. They have been our biggest competition for several years, why are we having a meeting with them? 

I hate the Agrestes. Well, not the company, they make some pretty neat clothes and they have some awesome models. I hate the people who run the company.

Gabriel Agreste and Adrien Agreste.

I hate the son more than the father though.

He was the most irritating human being I had ever met in my entire life. I remember my first encounter with him...

I got out of the car. 

"Do you not know how to drive?"  I asked, making my way over to the blond man.

"I should be the one asking you that question. You didn't even put on your indicator that you'd stop! How is that my fault?!" He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I had my indicator on! You weren't looking. You damaged the back of my damn car!" I exclaimed, glaring at him.

"Have you seen the front of mine? My car's expensive, you better be able to pay for the repairs," He glared back at me with same intensity as I was glaring at him.

"Who even are you?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"Adrien Agreste at your service ma'am," He tipped his imaginary hat. "May I ask who you are?"

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng," I rolled my eyes. How could  I have not known that he was Adrien Agreste?! I'm so stupid! He's a model and the heir to his father's company. He's also my family's biggest competitor.

"Ouhh~ Marinette," He smirked. "I finally get to meet you, but I meet you like this? Let me just say that you are way hotter than I expected."

I blushed.

"Than you expected?"  I asked. Why was I even humoring this imbecile?

"Yeah. You can't picture your competition as something 'good', I have to picture you as ugly. It's a normal thing to do,"  He shrugged, leaning against his car.

"Wha- you know what, never mind. Back to the matter at hand. Now that we know each other, blah blah blah. What am I going to do about my car?"

"I don't know! All I know is you're gonna pay for mine. You're the wrong one in this situation, babe," He said, getting back into his car. "I'll call you."

He drove off, leaving me there gaping like a fish.

What a dick!

And he's still a dick.

Finally, the traffic begun to move and I let out a sigh of relief.

Now I'm off to my doom.

* * * * *

"Sorry I'm late!" I exclaimed, barging into my parent's office.

"About time," I heard the familiar irritating voice of Adrien Agreste.