| Chapter 10 |

Chapter Ten

* * * * *

I haven't spoken to Adrien for almost two weeks now.

Maybe I was being a little immature, but there was a reason behind my reaction to what happened. A reason I couldn't tell him though he kinda deserved to know.

I had asked my parents for a week off last week, telling them that I was sick even though I was not. Talking to them about what happened would just uncomfortable and I would hate everything about it. So far, the only person that knows is Alya. She has been my rock for the past week, holding me while I cried and just being there with me in general.

Adrien has been trying nonstop to get to me, but I still wasn't ready to see him or to speak to him. Each day for the past week he'd been calling my phone and texting me, begging me to at least talk to him about what happened. But I just... can't. Not yet anyways.

Today I was finally going back to work. I mean, I can't hide away in my house for the rest of my life, right?

I pulled my hair into a tight ponytail and put on my office clothes. A black skirt and a long sleeved shirt would do just fine.

When I finished putting on my shoes, Alya pushed the room door open and walked in

When I finished putting on my shoes, Alya pushed the room door open and walked in. Sometimes I wondered why I always go to work two hours before I'm required to arrive.

"I'm loving your outfit, Mari," She smiled at me as she sat cross-legged on the bed and pulled out her phone. "Hey, have you seen Inside Paris's new online update?"

I rolled my eyes at her. She knew that I'm not really interested in Inside Paris's gossip. "You know I don't like that stuff, girl."

She shoved her phone out to me and I reluctantly took it. "Trust me, you'll be interested in this one."

Before I looked down at the phone, I prayed it wasn't something about me and Adrien. I couldn't be bothered with that now. I finally lowered my eyes to the screen.

Seems I spoke too soon. What I saw on the phone was definitely me and Adrien. But it was a picture from that night. The night I have been trying so hard to forget.

WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING BETWEEN MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG AND ADRIEN AGRESTE?

Last week Saturday, Inside Paris was invited to the opening of the new club, Club Akuma. We were initially there to take pictures to promote the club, but we ended up being distracted by two people. Marinette and Adrien were all over each other and they were literally chained to the hip.