| Chapter 22 |

Chapter Twenty-Two

* * * * *

I let out a heavy sigh.

"What is it?" I heard Adrien ask.

"Nathaniel's making his way over here," I told him. I only hoped that Nathaniel wouldn't make a scene tonight. The media was already going crazy, I didn't want him to add anything to the mix.

"Why is he even here?" Adrien said angrily.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know. Our parents were the ones to deal with the guest list."

"I hope he doesn't cause any trouble," Adrien growled and I'm just gonna say that he sounded so hot-

Can you stop, Marinette? Just stop.

"Can I talk to you, Marinette?" Nathaniel's voice met my ears making me groan lowly.

I still haven't forgiven him for what he had done the other day. My wrist was finally healed now, thankfully.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Adrien beat me to it. "She can't right now. She's busy."

By this time we had stopped dancing and were standing side by side with Nathaniel in front of us.

Nathaniel's glare intensified. "I wasn't talking to you."

Nathaniel stepped closer to Adrien and said blond stepped forward as well. I got between them and pushed Nathaniel's chest causing him to stumble back a few steps. I could feel the eyes of the people in the room on us now.

"Both of you should stop," I said, a frown on my face. I then turned to Nathaniel. "Let's go talk somewhere."

Adrien was ready to protest but I gave him a glare. "It will be fine."

I walked away from Adrien, Nathaniel trailing behind me. I could still feel the eyes of the people in the room on me. I could also hear their so called whispers.

We exited the room, and walked down the hallway away from the music. I was not familiar with this new building as yet. I mean, it was the first time that I've been here since it got built.

When I no longer heard any music, I stopped and turned to Nathaniel. "Talk."

Said redhead took a deep breath and stepped closer to me, causing me to step back. "I want to apologise for what happened the last time we saw each other."

I sighed. Of course that's what he wanted to talk about. "What? Do you want me to say that I'll forgive you and we'll move past it?" He said nothing and so I continued. "Well that's not going to happen this time."

"Marinette-"

"No. I'm going to talk, because that's what you said you wanted to do," I told him. "We have been friends for two years and we have gone through that exact situation before. I told you more than once that I see you as a friend. What can't you get from that? You can't dictate to me who I should talk to or who I should date. That is my choice, not yours. You aren't my boyfriend, Nathaniel. I know that's what you want, but we made an agreement, it's either our friendship or nothing at all."