| Chapter 38 |

Chapter Thirty-Eight

* * * * *

A D R I E N ' S P O V:

* * * * *

Why didn't she say no?

Why didn't I convince her to say no?

She should've said no...

"My head hurts," She muttered, fingers rubbing her temples. "Jesus Christ, it hurts. Adrien."

"Turn it off," I told Alejandro and the brunette hurriedly switched it off. "Marinette."

She didn't acknowledge me at the moment, she squeezed her eyes shut and let out a strangled cry. Tears then made their way down her now pale cheeks.

She made a move to stand, I followed her lead, only for her eyes to roll back and for her to collapse in my arms.

"Shit," I muttered as I scooped her up into my arms and made my way out of the room. Alejandro's eyes were wide with shock, fear and regret.

When I spotted the bodyguard that stood by the door, I immediately called him over.

"Yes, sir?" He spoke, trying to keep his face stoic even though he was trying not to glance down at the unconscious girl in my arms.

"Have someone call my doctor and have him over," I told him. "Take Alejandro to a room down the hall and get him something to eat. Don't let him leave."

When he gave me a verbal answer, I rushed upstairs.

A sigh passed my lips as I gazed down at Marinette who was still out like a light. The doctor had left an hour ago saying that she would wake up soon and that I shouldn't worry too much. He also told me not to make her stress herself out or think too much because the headaches might lead to something worse.

I ran my hand through my probably messy hair as I continued to pace. I just wanted her to be okay....

A whimper met my ears and I almost got whiplash as I turned my head to the bed. Marinette's eyes weren't open, but her hand was pressed to her head as she started to sit up.

"Princess," I muttered out, feeling weight being lifted off my chest when her eyes met mine.

"How long have I been out?" She asked as I took a seat on the bed beside her.

"Almost two hours," I answered, handing her a glass of water and the pills the doctor left for her to take.

She threw the pills into her mouth and downed the water without protest.

"Where's Alejandro?" She asked handing me the empty glass. "I hope you weren't rude to him."

I rolled my eyes at that. I wasn't that heartless. I saw that the brunette wasn't a threat. I even had him checked for wires and anything that would show that he was recording our conversation while Marinette was in the bathroom earlier. No threat at all. After talking to him (even though he did most of the talking), I realized that he was just someone who wanted help. He didn't have an ulterior motive at all....