| Chapter 45 |

Chapter Forty-Five

* * * * *

We are at the very last chapter of this book (finally). I would like to that those who stuck with me and continued to read this book even though I practically abandoned it at one point. Thank you all so so much. I wish I could give you ALL shoutouts, lol. Thanks for reading and for sticking around. Onto the story!

* * * * *

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

A groan bubbled in my throat as I heard an annoying beeping sound. Smells of alcohol and medicine filled my senses making me want to gag.

My eye lids felt awfully heavy and I practically had to pry them open. I squinted to adjust to the bright light in the room. 

Hospital room.

I was definitely in a hospital room. How did I get here?

Emma...

Alya, Lila and Chloe

Guns and Gunshots...

Adrien...

Alya shot me.

My eyes roamed the room and stopped when they caught something.

Adrien was sitting on a chair right beside the bed, with his head rested on the bed. I assumed that he was sleeping.  

I tried to lift my hand, but it was harder than it looked. My limbs felt heavy and I could barely move. When I finally lifted my hand, I lied it on Adrien's head and ran my fingers through his hair.

He purred (yes purred!) then stirred and lifted his head, causing me to retract my hand.

His green eyes widened as they met mine. 

"Princess," He rasped out, sitting up straight and rubbing his eyes. "You're awake?"

I wet my lips before drawing the bottom lip between my teeth. "I believe so."

He nodded, seeming to be in some sort of daze. He then went to get the doctor.

After checking up on me, the doctor left with a promise of returning soon. Based on what the doctor said, the cut on my side got infected and I got a shot in my leg and the other in my abdomen area. That bullet, luckily didn't hit anything too important. It had barely grazed my intestine. 

I also found out that I had been knocked out for a little over five days due to a concussion. I don't even know how I got one. The doctor also said I had lost a lot of blood, so I got a blood transfusion.

Adrien and I sat in silence. I didn't know what to say and he didn't look like he wanted to say anything.

Startling me, Adrien suddenly took my face in his hands. 

"Adrien-" I started, but cut myself off when I saw tears fill his eyes. I had never seen Adrien cry before.

"I'm sorry," He started, dropping his gaze from mine but keeping his hands on my face. "I-I broke the promise I made to you."