| Chapter 40 |

Chapter Forty

* * * * *

He eyes ran over my form and his lips curled up.

He was smiling at me.

Why was he smiling at me?

This was all happening so fast, I could barely keep up. 

Last week we found out that they found Luka and today was the trial. I don't know how Gabriel got this to happen, but it was happening....and I was honestly scared.

What if the judge was paid off?

What if some random person comes in decides to shoot everyone?

What if....

"What if you stop freaking out?" Adrien's serious voice dragged me out of my raging thoughts.

"I-I can't," I muttered as we entered the room where the trial would take place. 

"Look at me, Princess," Adrien whispered and I reluctantly lifted my gaze to meet his. "He cannot hurt you. No one can hurt you as long as I'm here. I don't want you to worry. He will be going away for a very very long time because of what he did to you. I'm sure of that."

I knew that I shouldn't have asked the question that swam around my mind, but I did anyway. "Promise?"

He pressed his lips to my forehead. "I promise."

That was the only reassurance I needed.

I clenched my shaking hands as I tried to calm myself down. It somehow worked, but...for how long?

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as two guards led Luka to his seat as his lawyer followed. I had never seen the woman before in my life.

The lawyer I had was actually Adrien's. He told me to call him Plagg. So far, I knew that he was only a few years older than me and Adrien, he was married to a girl named Tikki and he was a total goofball. When we told him about the case and what happened to me, he bawled like a baby and practically squeezed the life out of me.

Plagg had dark skin and he had one green eye and one blue one (which I found so cool). He hair was black and he was taller than me, but shorter than Adrien. That made me acknowledge how much of a fricking giant my husband was.

The court room wasn't full. There was only me and Adrien, the Jury (or what I thought they were), my parents, Alya, Gabriel and Nino (because he wanted to come). A few security guards littered the room as well.

Alejandro was here as well. He was so sure for the past week that he'd get locked up along with Luka, but Adrien and I assured him that we would do everything in our power to prevent that. He didn't sleep for a few days because he was terrified of seeing Luka again.

"All rise for Judge Wayzz," The security guard at the front of the room announced and we all rose. 

I watched as a man with dark green, something close to olive green, hair walk into the room. His face was blank and, honestly, I felt intimidated. He didn't give off a friendly aura at all.

"My file," He spoke, holding out his hand to the security from earlier. The man handed Wayzz a cream file and the green haired man accepted it with a small 'thank you'.

"Kidnapping?" Wayzz looked shocked as he read through the file. "And abuse. Okay, I see. It says here that Luka Couffaine is responsible for the abuse and kidnapping of Marinette Agreste."

Wayzz seemed to scan over the papers once more before putting them down and spreading them out.

"Shall we begin?" He said, raising a brow and my breath hitched.