| Chapter 18 |

Chapter Eighteen

* * * * *

"Here's another set," Rose said as she left another set of flowers by the couch.

My wrist still hurt, so no sewing for me. Right now I was sketching my new projects with my left hand which kinda sucked since I rarely used it.

"Why is he sending me so many flowers?" I asked my assistant and she shrugged.

"It's your boyfriend, ask him," She smirked at me before walking out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

Adrien had been sending me several bouquets of flowers, from lilies to roses, since yesterday! My office looked like a damn flower shop! Sometimes I wonder what goes through that idiot's head.

With each flower came a card and each card had a dumb pick up line on it. I don't know how he found time to do this, but I do know that he was stupid.

I got up out of my seat and went to see what was on the note in this bouquet. The other ones he sent before were amusing.

There was one that said, "Can I tie your shoelaces? I don't want you falling for anyone else."

Then another that said, "Did you swallow magnets? 'Cause you're attractive."

Most of them were cheesy while the rest were just plain dumb.

I picked up the note from between two flowers and opened it. This didn't have a pick up line written on it. Instead, there was a note. It read:

I didn't know what flowers you liked so I just bought all of them in the shop. I hope you enjoyed my pick up lines ;-).

Meet me at Le Papillon at 12. I'm paying (when do I not?)

- Your Husband To Be

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity yet again and returned to my chair. I started to sketch again, a small, permanent smile on my face.

* * *

The cool air conditioning hit my face as I stepped inside of Le Papillon. In here was sort of empty today, which was surprising.

I spotted the blond immediately. He was seated where we sat the last time we came here together, at a four seater table that was at the back corner of the diner. This time, he wasn't by himself. In front of him sat a girl with strawberry blonde hair. She seemed to have a lot to say because she was chatting away. I have never met this girl before, but I automatically didn't like her. Who the hell was she?

I walked over to them, a tight lipped smile on my face. Where was this attitude coming from?

As I came closer, Adrien looked up and his eyes met mine. He looked relieved and a smile made it's way onto his face.

"Marinette," He said, standing. The girl stopped talking and turned around to look at me. I could see the distaste on her face.

Why can't there be just one girl who isn't an absolute bi-

Adrien pulled out the chair beside him for me and I sat then greeted the girl, who give me a forced smile.

"So Marinette, this is Stephanie Crawford, she's a blogger," Adrien started when he sat down. "And, Stephanie, this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, my-"