| Chapter 27 |

Chapter Twenty-Seven

* * * * *

Adrien's P.O.V:

*Earlier*

"Here is your car, sir," The man said, handing me the keys to my matte black Lamborghini Aventador as I stepped off the private jet.

"Thank you," I told him as I slipped inside.

"Your father told me to inform you to meet him immediately," The man spoke again.

I rolled my eyes. It's like my father couldn't give me a break. "Tell him that I have something to do first and that I will see him at work tomorrow."

"But-" He was cut off when I gave him a look that said this conversation was over. "Yes, sir."

I started the car and began the journey to my fiancee's house. 

I had made them shorten my stay in Spain by two days so I could come back home to see her. I hadn't told Marinette that I was coming back today and I have a gift from Spain to surprise her with as well.

When I checked the GPS, I saw that Marinette didn't live too far away from the airport so it would take a little under thirty minutes to get to her house – give or take a few minutes.

I then decided to call her. I stopped at a stoplight, dialed her number and put the phone in the phone holder. Unsurprisingly, she answered fairly quickly.

"Good Morning, Princess," I said as the light changed to green. "How are you doing on this fine Sunday morning?"

"I am bored out of my mind," I heard her say. "When are you coming back?"

I smiled at that. "Are you missing me already?" I asked and I heard her scoff. "No need to be in denial, Princess. It's okay to miss me."

I could practically see her rolling her eyes when she answered, "Shut up, you idiot."

Before I could say anything, I heard faint knocks and I also heard her groan. So I asked, "Someone at the door?"

She answered with a "yeah" as, I assume, she went to the door. 

I heard the door squeak as it was swung open. Marinette went silent. I didn't even hear her breathing.

"Mari?" I called but received no reply. "Who's at the door? Marinette?"

I then suddenly heard a thud, so I assumed she dropped the phone. I didn't hear anything for a while even though the phone didn't cut off.

My heart was hammering in my chest. What the hell was going on? Was Nathaniel there? 

Unconsciously, I pressed harder on the gas pedal, speeding up. 

"Why have you been hiding from me? "I heard someone say. It was definitely not Marinette because this was the voice of a man. I have never heard this voice before. I then heard the door slam shut. Did he close the door? "Didn't you miss me, Cupcake?"