| Chapter 3 |

Chapter Three

* * * * *

"I see you got your car fixed," I mumbled bitterly, as I slipped into the passenger side of Adrien's car.

"Yeah, no thanks to you," Adrien replied, starting up the car and pulling out of the driveway.

I scoffed. "We both know you were just as wrong as I was."

"So you admit that you were wrong?" Adrien smirked.

Does he ever stop smirking?

"Shut up and turn left here," I scowled.

Adrien obliged then glanced at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"How are you so pretty?" He asked back making me turn red.

"You can't just say things like that!" I exclaimed, covering my face with my hands while Adrien laughed.

"Tell me about this 'Home For Girls'," He said stopping at a stoplight.

"Well, it's owned by this very sweet lady named Matilda Patterson. She takes in young girls from ages 1 to 17. She's not the only person that works there though. You have about ten other ladies who are just as nice as her. They take care of the girls, school them, teach then how to cook, clean and more. They're like parents to these kids," I felt a smile spread across my lips.

"You have a soft spot for the little girls that live there?" Adrien asked, driving off when the light turned green.

"Yeah," I answered when the building came into view. "There it is! You can park in that spot right there."

Adrien parked and we got out of the car. We unloaded the car and headed into the building. Immediately, I was met with the smiling face of Ms Patterson.

"Marinette!" She exclaimed, coming from behind her desk. "It's been a while. All the girls miss you!"

Ms Patterson then glanced up at Adrien. "And who is this handsome young man?"

"This is my friend, Adrien Agreste," I introduced him and he gave her a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Ms Patterson," He greeted.

"Nonsense, call me Matilda," She waved him off. "Anyways, come! Come! The girls should all be up, it's still early."

Matilda led us to where the girls were chattering and playing.

"Girls!" Matilda shouted to catch their attention. "Marinette is back and she brought treats for you all."

The girls stopped what they were doing and rushed over to me and Adrien, who looked scared.

There were about 20 to 25 girls living here, all different ages, colour and size.

"Hey Mari!"

"It's been so long, Mari!"

"Who's your friend?"

"He's so cute!"

"What have you brought for us this time?"

I clapped my hands loudly, calming them down. "Okay, girls, we know the drill! I'll set up the table and you'll all line up! Youngest to oldest!"

The girls murmered, but complied nevertheless.

Matilda, Adrien and I set up the table with the food and the girls lined up.

Adrien was surprisingly good with all the girls. He smiled and joked with them as he handed out pastries.