Chapter 04 | Engaged and married

Recap ~
Love of your life

Anika settled back in her position when she felt her gang literally eating her alive with their eyes.
"Is something wrong?!" She asked acting innocently when her friends almost growled at her, "Of course yes. You didn't tell us about this ever."
"Now also I won't tell." Anika told laughing while Shivaay felt restless as he was even more desperate to know whom she loved.
"So bad of you yaar!" Mallika faked anger when Anika said trying to calm her down, "Malli you will get to know him very soon! Don't you worry."

Few more people got the chance to do their task before Shivaay did. He was the most hesitant of all the people out there.
"Your task is to reveal any secret you have never told your friends about!" the camp in-charge announced when there was one who panicked and there was another who almost freaked out.

Anika was super tensed that Shivaay might reveal their past secret of being in a relationship though the secret had no value then. While Shivaay was just feeling scared on how his friends would react after he revealed his secret.
"So actually guys..." He started but wasn't continuing further. People around him cheered and his friends were almost gawking at him waiting eagerly for his secret to be revealed.

"I'm already engaged and I'm soon getting married!" Shivaay said closing his eyes tightly when his friends were hell shocked. There was one, his ex-girlfriend who didn't know how to react. She felt her heart really heavy right at the very moment that she just wanted to throw it away from herself but she couldn't do anything that she wanted to do. There were cheers all around, Shivaay constantly hearing congratulations from his surroundings. Though his friends were initially a bit angry that he didn't care to tell them about the most important step in his life, they were happy for him.

"Anyway we are forgiving you. And yes we are happy for you!" OmRu spoke and Shivaay hugged them in response. The girls were too excited about their best friend's marriage while Anika was just staring at her ex-boyfriend for answers that she never got from him for the past five years.
"Anu aren't you excited?!" Mallika asked bringing her friend out of thoughts when she lied, "Very much!"

Shivaay felt weird when he heard her.
"Was she unaffected by my confession?!" He thought to himself when Anika told to her inner self, "He is my past. My past should not affect me in any way. I should be strong! You broke me five years back Mr.Shivaay Singh Oberoi but now there is nothing left to break me."

"Congratulations Mr.Shivaay" Anika managed to say looking deep into his eyes when he said back coldly,"Thank you Ms.Anika!"
"Why are you guys addressing yourselves like this?!" Rudra asked very much confused with his friends when they spoke in unison, "Professionally we address people like this, so just got used to it." they looked at each other again just realizing they told the same lie to their friends.

It was really late that night when the game finally ended and the camp in-charge was happy with everyone's active participation. He announced, "Finally let's end this night with the most beautiful way of expressing our joys. Come on in let's all dance."

The music started over and everyone randomly started dancing to the tunes. Despite Shivaay and Anika loving dance, they couldn't really dance much. Something was really making them feel lost and unhappy.

*****

At the college multipurpose hall, Shivaay was busy fiddling with his phone after bunking one of his classes for the day.

"Shivaay Shivaay Shivaay" calling out to her boyfriend, Anika twirled him around in happiness as she entered the empty hall.
"What happened my darling?!" He finally asked when she stopped.
"I'm finally going to attend Shreya Goshal's concert." saying she jumped in happiness when he pouted, "Only you!?"
"Of course it's us! You are no less fan than me." she said chuckling.

"Thank you so much!" saying he pulled her closer sliding a hand on her waist while intertwining his fingers with hers. Soon they danced to the tunes in joy taking outside spins and reverse turns occasionally.

*****

In all their joys they danced but that night wasn't really helping them enjoy, knowing certain matters disturbed them unknowingly. They were still randomly thinking that they didn't notice themselves getting closer in distance. Soon their backs hit and they turned back to look at each other. Someone was who was dancing slightly pushed Shivaay that he ended up falling over Anika.

They lost themselves very soon still in the same position. Anika couldn't help from drowning herself into those bluish grey orbs which she always felt addicted. They could hear their own heartbeats thumping at a faster rate epitomizing their effect on each other. A lone tear escaped her right eye which was noticed by Shivaay.

His heartbeat skipped a second when he saw her eyes trying to express something that he couldn't understand. Quickly realizing their position, Anika pushed him away from her. He hit the ground with a terrific thud at the end. This boiled his blood while she adjusted herself and left from there without even uttering a sorry helping his ego reach peaks.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Ishqbaaazi