Chapter 29 | Connections

Recap ~
Puppet

Post the dance sessions, the boys were super excited about the Bachelor party while the girls were pretty sad.

"The girls are uninvited. Aren't you going to the bachelorette party? Have some fun with Tia!" Rudra stated when Mallika and Gauri started hitting him playfully.
"Bhai just save me from these attackers." Rudra dramatically shouted while the boys laughed.

"You boys aren't that lucky to enjoy the bachelor party alone, Rudy! We will be joining you guys, we also have the right to enjoy our best friend's bachelor party!" Anika stated when the girls squealed in excitement.

That night was the best after years.

"Let's play a game!" Rudra squealed in excitement.
"No!" Mallika denied, Gauri supporting her "Rudy we don't want to play your game! We know how it will be!"
"Guys one game would be fine! Right Rudy?" Anika supported her friend when he hugged her tightly.

"You are the only one who understands my feelings!" Rudra sounded dramatically emotional.
"You both don't play! My boys will also support me, just like how Anu did." He continued looking at the other two while smiling victoriously
"No way!" The boys said in unison.
"Guys stop it. Enough of pulling his leg for the night!" Anika chuckled while the others laughed seeing Rudra's expressions.

The game was named Connections.

The rules were explained. One word was to be given for which a related word should be instantly answered without giving much gap, something similar to rapid fire.

A bottle was spinned in the middle, Om was to ask and Mallika had to answer.

"Birds"
"Freedom"

"Car"
"Road"

"Book"
"Readers"

As they finished, Rudra scowled at Om for asking such dumb questions.

"Is it some kind of a general knowledge quiz O?!" Rudra huffed in disappointment.
"This is not general knowledge Rudra!" Om said rolling his eyes.

It was Rudra and Shivaay's chance. Smirking in the best way possible, Rudra shot his words at Shivaay.

"Friends"
"Us"

"Marriage"
"Deal"

"Love"
"A..."

Shivaay fell blank but the game was to continue. He then answered, "You!"
"A pure lie!" Rudra said scrutinizing his eyes.
"I seriously love you yaar!" Shivaay said side hugging his friend.

"I know, but I'm your second love." Rudra fake cried.
"Only, brotherly love for clarity. You know what, you are actually sounding like a..." Shivaay shook his shoulders trying hard not to laugh.
"Even I'm not that type of a guy!" Rudra exclaimed, while the rest laughed.

Anika was lost, was she imagining right? Was he about to say her name!? Her heart said her she was right but her mind didn't let her accept.

What do you guys think?

Finishing the game, Anika and Rudra brought fruit punches for everyone. Though they were enjoying to their fullest, every minute that night was counting fast, faster than a millisecond.

Early the next morning, everyone got up with a bad hangover.

"What just happened Rudra?!" Om glared at his friend, while Rudra answered, sounding innocent "I don't remember anything that happened."
"How come? You should have at least remembered what you mixed in the fruit punches!" Mallika pounced on him.
"You are just mad Rudra!" Shivaay almost hollered holding his head. Gauri and Sid as well took their chances to taunt Rudra.

"Only Anu is not scolding me. She is the best!" Rudra said not able to figure out anything that happened after drinking the punches.

"Anika are you not affected by the hangover?!" Shivaay asked suspiciously.
"Ah... actually you know I..." Anika stuttered. Everyone looked at her for answers now, she had no choice but to say something "Not much actually. I didn't drink completely!" and smiled awkwardly.

"Okay just one more day for sangeet and we should be the best, so let's concentrate on that! The groom's side should rock." Mallika cheered while the rest vigorously nodded their heads.

Everyone were seriously practising for the sangeet that was to happen next day while Shivaay was in his room talking to someone.

"Shivaay?!" Anika called out as she entered his room.
"Yes Anika, do you need scissors, pen or any other stationery?!" Shivaay chuckled.
"No but I wanted to say something!" She started off...

*****

Slowly the effect of alcohol was seen in them as they all completed their fruit punches.
"Can we all dance?!" Rudra shouted feeling tipsy. The others answered back with a loud "Yes!"

The music was on and the gang was dancing madly, including Om. Anika, who actually didn't have the punch silently slid away from the dance floor and left to the couch where Shivaay left his phone. She picked it up but bit her tongue when she realized she didn't know the password.

"All my efforts are futile now! I mixed alcohol in the punch so that I can easily find something related to the truth! Shivaay won't tell anything, I thought at least the phone will help me with a clue, but even his phone is like him!" She groaned but in a minute, she felt a pat from behind. She turned back trying to be casual while making sure she hid the phone behind her.

"S-Shivaay?!" Anika called out much alarmed when she saw him staring at her.
"Anu..." He smiled at her, tucking the strands of hair which disturbed her angelic face.
"Your hair is also cute, just like you!" He spoke again smiling a way too wider.
"Cute?!" chuckled Anika and hugged him instantly not wanting him to see her with his phone.
He hugged her back resting his head on her shoulders, "Not just cute, the cutest!" He exclaimed playing with her hairs now.

"Will you tell me something Shiv!?" Anika asked and he said back in no time, "Yes, anything!"
"What's your mobile password? I wanted to..." Shivaay broke the hug before she could continue any further.
"A N I K A" he spelt her name as he held her by her waist.

Anika was not surprised hearing the password, instead she felt happy hearing her name. It was so evident that there is a reason behind all that happened years back and whatever that is happening now.

He brought his face closer to hers. Feeling their hot breaths and fast heartbeats, chills ran down their spines. The moment Shivaay's lips brushed Anika's, a lone tear escaped his eyes.

"I'm sorry for hurting you!" He said in between.
"It's okay Shiv. What happened?!" She asked caressing his face.
"That day" Shivaay began....

_______________________________________

To be continued <3

Hope you guys had fun reading the chapter. Happy reading!

Manya ❤