Chapter 22 | Sweet torture

Recap ~
Fake or Real?!

It was a new bright day with birds chirping happily while Shivaay, on the other hand was restless. He was walking around the room, trying to search for something, probably the kerchief.

"Good morning, Shivaay!" He heard the voice he loved once. He turned back immediately to find Anika smiling at him, she looked different that day or say she behaved in a way that he didn't expect.

"You lost something?!" She asked trying to sound casual.
"Nothing!" He answered short, trying to sound rude when she stated, "It is not wrong to be sweet to your girlfriend!" and left before he could reply back to her.
"Yesterday she was my ex-girlfriend and today, girlfriend!? And wait, did she call me Shivaay?!" Shivaay spoke loud enough to let Anika secretly chuckle from the entrance.

The day was quite busy for both, one in cracking a business deal while the other in wedding preparations. It was half past twelve when Anika entered Shivaay's room.

"What are you here for?!" He asked not looking who was at the door. He knew it was her.
"For a pen!" She said instantly. He signed her to the table nearby, and she silently took a pen and left. Fifteen minutes later, Shivaay repeated his dialogue without looking at her again and this time she said, "Needed some paper clips!"

Right after another fifteen minutes, he sternly asked not looking up, "What now!?"
"Marker!" She exclaimed nervously when he took the entire box of stationery and gave it to her.
"Have it and don't come back." He said trying to sound irritated.
"Can I get a sensor as well?!" She asked, smirking at him.

*****

"Shivaay, Anu didn't come today!" Gauri said sadly when Om joined her, "Yes Shivaay. Anu knows today is really important for you yet she didn't come."
"Mm okay, not a problem!" He casually said leaving his entire gang in shock.
"It's Anika. Hope your ears are working fine, Shivaay!" Mallika exclaimed.
"Of course yes. I know it's my football match finals, but it's okay if Anika doesn't want to come. Completely her choice!" He said back surprising the others again. 

He walked through the room casually only to pull out Anika from behind the door which was helping her hide all the while.

"How did you know Bhai?!" Rudra exclaimed much surprised.
"When you take help from two bad liars, how would I not know!" Shivaay chuckled eyeing his friends, Om and Gauri who sheepishly smiled in return. The others were busy scolding OmRi for failing the plan when Anika whispered in her boyfriend's ears, "You have become a sensor to detect me!"

*****

Shivaay was zoned out hearing the word sensor while Anika left from there happily. She took out her phone and texted the person she trusted the most,

"This is affecting him a lot."

"Good! Continue this and let's see how the shell doesn't break!"

Every minute that day was a sweet torture for Shivaay. He felt confused at a point, trying to figure out what was wrong with Anika.

That evening, she was busy talking over phone when he stood in front of her, wanting to talk. She did notice him but chose the call over him. Another twenty minutes passed by but Anika didn't give him a chance to speak. Losing his temper, he flicked his hair and in minutes her phone was lying dead on the floor.

"Why did you murder my phone?!" Anika asked irritated.
"Need to talk!" He said back throwing tons of attitude.
"What is the necessity?" She asked back folding her hands and raising one of her brows.
"Listen whatever happened yesterday was..." He was interrupted by Anika, "Real..." after a thirty second gap, she continued "or fake? I really don't care Shivaay."

"I do care damnit!" He stated roughly grabbing her shoulder remembering her question.
"Okay go on Shiv." She told, waiting to hear him when he stopped himself from continuing any further.
"Stop calling me like that! You are not my girlfriend to call me Shiv or..." before he could continue any further, he was again interrupted.

"Sorry but I'm. We did not break up, remember? We just didn't have touch for five years, situations were like that na!" She said casually shocking Shivaay.
"Technically speaking, I'm still your girlfriend my dear Shivaay!" She stated letting him stay numb for another couple of minutes.

It actually took more than a couple of minutes for Shivaay to digest Anika's statement. The whole night he couldn't sleep thinking of her words. While Anika had a peaceful sleep after a very long time, may be the time frame could be five years. Shivaay deserved for what he had done to Anika five years back, didn't he?!

___

"Just ten days for my marriage and you have not got the dresses?!" Tia hollered at the top of her voice.
"Tia relax. The designer is getting the dresses today and you just need to check your fittings." Anika spoke, trying to remain calm.

"Anika this is not your marriage to do whatever you feel like. It's my marriage!" Tia raised her voice again.
"Yes Anu. This is ShiTia's marriage, not ShivIka's!" Sid stated emphasizing the couple name as he joined them in the study.

"Look you are not getting paid simply! Do your work perfectly. You..." Before Tia could continue any further and Anika could lose her temper, there was a loud shrill from outside the study.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Shivaay's bride