Chapter 48 | Kick start

Recap ~
Indeed magical

It was the day of their Goa trip, and everything was perfectly set.

"Can we now at least know how we are going Anu?!" Rudra asked, sounding impatient due to the affects of waking up early in the morning and she chuckled in response.
"We are going by road. And to be more specific, it would be a bike trip!" Gauri answered in turn receiving mixed expressions.

"Awesome!" OmRu gave a Hi-five to Anika and Gauri while Shivaay and Sid stood blank not knowing what to say.
"We have cars right?!" Shivaay asked trying to sound casual when he received a reply from Om, "Bike experience is heaven yaar!"
"Yeah yeah, heaven only! Hope to not reach hell." Sid frowned letting the others chuckle at his statement.

"It's not safe! We are going in car." Shivaay announced reprimanding the idea of bike and Sid joined him along. The others glared at them, answering in unison, "What is the guarantee with cars?!"
"Logic!" Rudra did his famous logic sign only to receive a glare from Shivaay.

After a short debate, neither Shivaay nor Sid could give any other excuse for not going in bike. The reason for this being their lack of experience in bikes, they didn't know to even ride it considering the fact that they were exposed to luxury cars since childhood.

"I'm riding the bike!" Anika announced sensing her husband's thoughts and Shivaay looked thankfully at her. As planned, Anika was riding her bike with Shivaay, Om with Gauri, Mallika with Sid and Rudy with Tia.

"You trust me?!" Anika asked as he gulped at the thought of bike, "Of course, more than myself." He assured.
"I hope you stick to this point till the end!" Anika smiled mischievously making him frown. As he sat in the seat behind Anika post googling how to do it, he tightly held her by her waist even before she started the bike.
"Can I breathe for a minute at least?" She asked chuckling when he answered, "I'm breathing for you!" making her cheeks go red.

It was a special trip for all of them, rejoicing their amazing college days. The sky was the limit to their happiness and they wanted to cease this time forever.

"How are you feeling this experience?!" Anika asked her husband as she drove while he answered still closing his eyes and holding her tightly, "Maybe like a bird without wings flying in the air."
"Open your eyes and arms Shiv!" Anika told looking at him through the side mirror when he gripped her even tighter.
"See how beautiful nature is! Feel it with all your heart and you will fall in love with it Shivaay!" She said placing her hand on his with assurance.

Looking around him, he first checked if he was still on land, then gazed at the sky to see a flock of birds flying along with them, and narrowed his eyes to the greenery surrounded by him. He then opened his arms to feel the cold breeze hitting him gently.

"Lovely!" He exclaimed and continued, "I have been to Goa but this is something special!"
"See I told you." Anika said smiling when he nuzzled onto her neck whispering in her ears, "It is special because you are with me!"
"We are on road, don't distract and help me concentrate on my driving!" She spoke hiding her smile.

They reached their first stop, Panvel, a town in Raigad district and the gateway to the Konkan coast. Though there were a lot of places to explore between Mumbai and Goa, they picked up few places due to time constraints. Clicking pictures at the Karnala bird sanctuary famous for birdwatching and wildlife photography, the gang finished their breakfast and moved towards their destination.

"Who taught you driving Anu?!" Shivaay asked curiously when she beamed proudly, "Papa!"
He fell silent thinking, "I wish I could ride a bike!" when his wife sensed him again and said, "I will fulfill your wish!"
"I love you!" He hugged her from behind making her smile at his excitement.

Every other couple were indulged in their own worlds, Rudra and Tia as well chitchatting like long lost friends. They soon crossed by Lonavala and that's when Rudra faked hunger and tiredness forcing all of them to stop for a while.

"Rudra it's hardly been two hours!" Shivaay taunted his friend and Rudra said, "Bhai, even after two minutes of eating I would be hungry!" making everyone laugh.

Thankfully Shivaay made homemade cookies for everyone while Gauri brought sandwiches and Mallika got chocolates with her.
"Only Bounty Malli?!" Rudra asked checking if there were any other chocolates in the bag when Mallika said trying to sound casual, "I could find only Bounty at the supermarket!"
"Oh really?" smirked Anika and Mallika felt embarrassed. It was Sid's favorite chocolate.

"Rudra the truth is she brought it for someone else." Shivaay joined Anika when the rest teased the couple, SidIka. Sid and Mallika confessed their love for each other few days back and this was known to the entire gang.

"You remember our last reunion at Lonavala?!" Mallika asked the rest trying to divert the topic.
"You guys have to tell me!" Tia spoke and Rudra jumped first to talk about the reunion. Anika simply smiled looking at Rudra and the rest of her gang, who once hated Tia but now welcomed her as if she was a long lost friend.

"Wait, I want to know something!" Om interrupted Mallika who was explaining about the bonfire game they played months back.
"You had a boyfriend right? Like that night you spoke about him!" He asked Anika while the rest were staring at her, demanding an answer.
"You guys are looking at her as though she is an alien!" Shivaay tried to distract the rest but failed miserably.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
The best man.