Chapter 36 | Thief

Recap ~
Bucket list.

"Anika is the work done?!" Shivaay came behind her as she walked into the lawn to check the arrangements.
"Haawww!" She gasped in shock not knowing how to react.
"A yes or no? There should be only two answers right!" He sounded like a boss while the others workers stared at them.
"No sir!" She spoke honestly scolding Shivaay in her mind.

"Was there a problem? I want to hear a justification." Shivaay asked knowingly and she said back rolling her eyes, "I'm sorry sir. I don't give justifications, my husband's habit."
He chuckled as he saw his wife leave to the other side of the lawn to check the seating arrangements.

The reception was a grand success for Anika and Shivaay. Though Anika felt something is not going right, Shivaay kept assuring his wife.

"Happy married life Mr.Oberoi." some of the well known reporters wished Shivaay when he thanked them with a huge smile on his lips. A series of questions were asked by the media, of course they did ask about their marriage, Tia and the drama which were all very well answered by him.

"You seem very happy, is your marriage with Anika ma'am the reason?!" A young lady asked curiously and he smiled in response.
"Just after marriage right, everyone would be happy! So is Shivaay." Anika chuckled and the crowd enjoyed her humour.

Suddenly there were sounds of footsteps heard from the entrance and everyone looked around to see Mr.Chopra. He avoided the questions asked by the media and walked to the couple.

"My daughter Tia has been kidnapped. The Oberoi family is the reason behind it!" Mr.Chopra announced shocking everyone. It was a thousand volt shock for the Oberoi family, they never expected anything like this.

"That's impossible!" Sid thought and Anika fell pale.
"You kidnapped her and you are happily enjoying your marital life? Where is my daughter?!" Tia's father hollered this time and Shivaay boldly answered, "We don't know but I assure you to bring her back to you."

"Is Chopra playing games with us again?!" Shivaay's mind was iterating the same question again and again.
"Khanna confirmed he left Tia at her place." Sid repeated for the nth time.
"Sir, we left Tia ma'am in her room. She was still unconscious" Khanna told strongly.

That night, Anika was looking at the moon in the sky while the clouds were trying to hide it behind them. Entering the room, her husband called out to her knowing she was not okay, "Anu?!"
"Mr.Chopra was telling the truth." Anika stated still not turning to him to which he said, "We can't trust him. He might cook up anything!"
"Yeah but not about his daughter!" She said confidently, continuing "I know we started this not to hurt anyone but this is hurting him, very badly."
"We will end this." He assured knowing what his wife was going through.

A couple of hours passed by the next day with no trace of Tia, not even one percent. Shivaay already hired one of the best detectives but that was of no use.

"What are we gonna do?!" Sid panicked covering his face with his palms.
"No clue!" Shivaay answered walking impatiently in the room, "We can't rely on these private investigators also!"
"We should start from where we left." Anika stated clearly and they looked at her lost in thoughts.
"Mr.Chopra's mansion?!" Shivaay asked wanting her confirmation and she nodded in response.
"Err...can you guys explain?!" Sid asked.
"I strongly feel there would be something in the Chopra mansion that we must know." Anika said and Shivaay agreed.

The trio reached the mansion that night.

"I didn't seem this funny even in my fancy dress competition!" Sid groaned letting the other two chuckle.
"Sid you keep complaining! You are just trying to camouflage the dark by wearing a black dress!" Anika tried pacifying him and he looked at her flaunting his big fake mustache and mole stuck to his face, "What about this?!"
"No one should identify you. Even if you get caught, you would be thought a thief!" Shivaay explained his brother.

"Oh God. You even made me a thief today!" He fake cried to which Anika said winking, "You are already a thief, stealing hearts!"
"Don't flatter me Anu!" Sid whined again.

As planned, Shivaay and Anika were to distract Mr.Chopra and Sid was to enter Tia's room to see if there was a clue by any chance.

"You! Why did you come here? Get out." Mr.Chopra shouted looking at Shivaay.
"Mr.Chopra! We want to find your daughter, help you." Shivaay spoke calmly when he roared again, "Kidnapers helping me!? This is not funny. I know you kidnapped my daughter to marry this girl, a cheap middle class girl!"

"Not a word against my wife." Shivaay warned when Anika held his hand back.
"Wow! Look, you didn't want to marry her a day or two back and today, you can't hear a word against her!?" Mr.Chopra laughed sarcastically, "He was right, you fooled me. Get out now! You will be jailed soon, I have raised a complaint against you."
"Sir, we are here to help you. I know how it feels." Anika spoke while handling Shivaay on the other hand.

"Leave." He snapped at her and Shivaay lost his patience. Before he could say anything else, they heard a shout in the direction of Tia's room.

_______________________________________

To be continued <3