Chapter 40 | Caught you

Recap ~
Room

Parking his car, Shivaay silently entered the party where there were a few people left. Making sure he hid himself, he entered the mansion to find Anika surrounded by a group of ladies.

"Anika!" Shivaay called out not very loud enough and she somehow felt him.
"Shivaay!" She called out involuntarily only to get caught by the ladies.

"We know you want to go back to your husband right away, cannot deny that our Shivaay is so charming!" Pramila, dadi's friend chuckled making Anika feel embarrassed.
"We will leave you but there is a condition." Another lady said when Anika was curious to know what it was.
"Tell us something about Shivaay which none of us know. Beware we know Shivaay from the time he was born. If you fail in this, you won't go back home tonight." A friend of Dadi's said and Anika blinked feeling blank.

Shivaay was scared. What if Anika didn't say something they didn't know. He badly wanted Anika to be with him, right at the moment. Dadi was trying to give clues when her friends scolded her not to.

"I might not know as much as you all know Shivaay but I know how much you mean to him and how his life is complete with you all." She said smiling at them as she remembered how Shivaay spoke about his grandmother's friends every time he spoke of his childhood.
"Awww!" She heard an echo in the hall.

"Actually we know this as well but we accept your answer!" Pramila said kissing Anika's forehead. Shivaay was no longer hiding behind the pillar as he was busy admiring his wife.

"Caught you!" The ladies shouted laughing at Shivaay when his cheeks flushed.
"Dadis, are you in the plan of leaving my wife to me?!" Shivaay asked trying to sound casual.
"Don't cover up. You came for your wife right? So desperate!" Pramila laughed and Shivaay blushed.
"You are going to have her for a lifetime anyway! Couldn't you wait until she returned back home!?" Another friend of Dadi asked.
"To be honest, no!" He smiled sheepishly making the others chuckle.

"You didn't have time to attend the party but you came for your wife!" Pramila faked anger to which Shivaay said, "I had a very important meeting Dadi!"
"Keep giving excuses! Now leave with your wife, and let Kalyani stay with us at least." She said when Shivaay nodded.

"Anu I hate Shivaay!" Sid cried in her arms as they reached back and she asked, "Sid what happened?!"
"He left me in this mansion all alone with that creepy Daksh. Mom and dad went to meet their friend, you and Dadi left for the party, this guy left behind you!" Sid whined and Shivaay chuckled.
"Don't you laugh. He is very scared!" Anika spoke seriously and Shivaay remained silent.

"I heard Daksh talking to someone over the phone! He was like tell her to eat otherwise she will die and all... It was too creepy Anu!" Sid spoke shocking the other two.
"By 'She' was he referring to Tia?! But how could he do such a thing!" Anika exclaimed while Shivaay said, "Our suspicion is getting stronger!"

*

"Excuse me?" Anika was stopped at the reception of Oberoi office as she walked inside the building the next day.
"She is my wife!" Shivaay answered smiling at his wife as he came in while his staff were a little surprised.

Anika smiled at him remembering how he answered everytime for her and walked to him taking his arm in hers.

"Why didn't you respond there?!" Shivaay asked realizing that Anika did not answer the receptionist a minute or two back.
"For you to respond!" She said as they walked to his cabin letting Shivaay smile again.

Grabbing some important files, Shivaay and Anika headed to a cafe nearby. As they were chitchatting, they saw a familiar figure outside the cafe talking to a group of people.

"Mr.Chopra?!" Shivaay and Anika called out in unison.
"What is he doing here at this point of time?!" Shivaay muttered when Anika spoke, "I don't think that is a normal talk!"
"Do you think he is faking Tia's missing!?" Shivaay asked her and she shook her head, "My heart says he is genuine with his daughter."

Reaching back, Anika was shocked to see the mansion completely dark. Before she could say something, Shivaay led her through the dark towards one of the rooms.

"Surprise!" The Oberois said in unison and turned on the lights. The next second, she saw her father right in front of her.

"Thank you Shivaay!" Anika smiled tears rolling down her cheeks when he said, "He is the only one who knows how to handle you, I brought him here to get some tips you know!"
"I know!" She chuckled wiping her tears.
"Shall I tell you something you don't know?" He asked and she nodded listening to him keenly, "I hate your tears!"
"Aww!" She said, and he whined "That is all for all that I did?! I took you out so that this would be a surprise for you, I made sure Daksh wasn't at home. So much of planning I did!" 
"Bringing dad home was for your own benefits!" Smiling secretly, she stated shocking him.
_______________________________________

To be continued <3