Chapter 27 | Forever.

Before you all read the chappy, I'm happy to let you guys know that I have joined Instagram as theinkedhearts. You can follow if you want! Link is in my bio ;) ❤

_________________________

Recap ~
Patched up?!

The final destination of the tour was the Lake Pichola, famous for the beautiful sunset and boat ride. As they reached there, their group left to register for the sunset boat ride. Sid also left Anika and Shivaay by making an excuse and joined the rest.

"Come let's go Anika!" Shivaay spoke softly.
"No Shivaay, I want to watch the sunset from the Lake palace!" She said to which he told, "But isn't the boat ride famous here for sunset and everyone watches it during the ride!"
"Who is saying that? Shivaay Singh Oberoi does not follow anyone, so this shouldn't be followed as well!" She winked at him and walked ahead.
Catching up to her, Shivaay and Anika secretly smiled turning their faces away from themselves.

The Lake palace was 0.2 kilometer away from the Lake Pichola. They reached the rooftop of the palace, and Anika settled herself at the edge of one corner.

Feeling the cold breeze, she closed her eyes hugging herself.
"Beautiful." Shivaay stated glancing at Anika.
"Thank you!" Anika said opening her eyes. Before Shivaay could say any further, Anika told "On behalf of the sun! The statement was for the sunset right?"
"Y-yes yes Anika!" He stuttered.
"Sit Shivaay!" saying Anika gestured him when he took a place next to her.

Silence rushed in the atmosphere

Silence rushed in the atmosphere. It was an awkward moment for them, trying to be normal even if it wasn't. Nothing was the same as before. Staring at the sky, their thoughts drifted back to their college days.

"You remember Shivaay the time when Rudy used to cry for chocolate ice cream in the middle of the night and the complete gang used to jump over the south gate wall to accompany him?!" Anika said when he laughed saying, "Mallika used to freak out whenever Rudy cried as she had to jump walls every time."

He continued, "You remember how we used to help Om bunk his dance classes?! His parents wanted him to learn dance despite knowing his dancing skills!"
"Of course, and not to forget how we used to fight like kids for Gauri's rasgullas!" Anika laughed.

"You remember us Shivaay?!" Anika continued in the flow when he said back looking at her, "How can I even forget us?! There is no question of remembering here!" and smiled.

Their eyes locked instantly, memories flashing in their minds reminding them of their most beautiful phase in life.

Disturbed by the sound of a camera click, they turned behind to see Sid with his phone in their direction.
"Patched up?! ShivIka's marriage!?" Sid asked again eagerly when he received daggers from them.
"Okay okay, you needn't murder me now! You guys will thank me later for whatever I do." Sid rambled while the other two laughed at his antics.

Reaching back to the hotel, they saw Tia waiting for them.
"Shivaay baby it's been very late! Were you in the meeting?!" She asked to which Shivaay honestly answered, "No Tia. I met my friend today, after a long time."
"Ooohh, so you would have enjoyed a lot!" Tia said to which he smiled wholeheartedly.

Tia excused herself as she got a call from someone. Sid bid a bye and left to his room as well, leaving Anika and Shivaay alone.

"Back to our boss and employee mode!" Anika chuckled and informed, "Meet you at nine in the morning, good night Shivaay, sorry... sir!" saying she was about to leave when Shivaay held her hand.

"Can we be friends for a little longer?!" He suddenly asked surprising her. After a minute or two, he left her hand realizing he was still holding her and was eagerly waiting for her reply. Not answering his question, she bid a bye and left from there making him feel restless. Definitely Anika needed some time to think, she still couldn't get over things that happened five years back.

Shivaay left early the next morning and didn't return back till late evening. The photoshoot was cancelled by Shivaay, and Tia was completely disappointed about it.

As Anika knocked her boss's room door, she heard a voice "Come in Anika!"
"Sir, Tia is really upset. If you don't mind, can we have the photoshoot at nine?!" She asked to which he asked back not looking at her, "In the dark?!"

"The photographer has enough equipments to provide light, and the pictures would be perfect in the night mode." She said.
He walked close to her the next minute and asked "Anika you didn't answer my question?!"
"Sir, I promise there won't be a problem for the photoshoot." She said assuring him when he smiled, "I know you would make things perfect even when they aren't, I'm not worried about the photoshoot. But yes, I'm still waiting for your answer."

Anika knew what he wanted to hear but she didn't speak of it. Shivaay didn't seem happy in the photoshoot with Tia that night. The shoot wrapped up and Tia was busy with the photographer looking at her pictures to publicize them in the social media.

Shivaay was standing at one corner of the palace, looking at the sky when Anika joined him.
"Thank you Sir. Tia is happy!" She said when he looked at her and smiled weakly.
"But you weren't happy sir!" She said again when he turned away from her.
"You aren't happy as well Anika." He simply said.

"We are such bad actors! That's why Geet ma'am used to throw us out of the acting club." She chuckled hiding her tears. Continuing she said, "And to answer your question, yes, we'll be friends forever."

________________________________________

To be continued <3