Chapter 41 | Good narrator

Recap ~
Caught you

"I hate you!" Anika shouted at the top of her voice and Shivaay looked startled at her.
"Anika?!" He called out to her having no clue on what just happened.
"I told you not to mess with me! Why don't you understand man?!" Anika shouted again while secretly pointing to Daksh who was standing outside their room.

"I hate you as well. Don't you have manners? Listening to our conversation you dumbo!" Shivaay shouted back referring to Daksh and Anika secretly chuckled confusing the outsider.
"You know what, I hated you from college to be frank but I had no other choice except to see your face every day!" Anika faked anger and Shivaay continued, "Same here!"

Daksh smirked hearing their fight but little did he know that conversation was meant for him.

"I loved it." Anika squealed happily when she didn't see Daksh anymore and hugged Shivaay tightly making him chuckle.
She smirked, "You freaked out right?!"
"No not at all, why would I?!" He asked trying to sound casual when she said back, "You did sound flabbergasted at the beginning!"

It was easy to fool Daksh, Anika already made a plan for the night to make sure they find Tia as soon as possible. They didn't have time!

"I will come with you!" Shivaay stated when Anika reprimanded, "No!"
"I will come with you Anu!" Sid said worried and Anika assured, "Sid, it's okay I will manage. You don't worry!"
"I told the same, but your answer was quite different for me and him!" Shivaay stated folding his arms letting Anika and Sid chuckle.

"Once jealous will always be jealous!" Sid stated only to receive a glare from his brother.
"I'm coming and that's final." Shivaay spoke and Anika sternly responded, "You aren't and that's final!"
"I'm coming as well." Sid interrupted in between and Shivaay chanted the same phrase.
"Quiet both of you!" Anika shouted making the other two silent.
"I'm going and dare you both come with me! I will manage him all by myself!" She stated and left to meet Daksh at a restaurant.

"Thank you for coming Daksh. I'm happy we have some privacy!" She smiled fakely as she greeted him.
"You called me, how can I not come!" He smiled and continued, "Why did you marry Shivaay?!"
"I didn't have a choice! Long story but I don't want to stay with him anymore." Anika said.

"Hawww!" Shivaay muttered under his breath as he hid himself with a menu card sitting right behind Daksh.
"Yaar Anu like seriously?!" Sid muttered under his breath while sitting behind Anika.

"Very well, let's get away from here then. You and me alone, you know I have always wanted you. I meant I have always loved you!" Daksh said making Anika's heart thump a little faster.
"Sure why not!" She nervously chuckled, "But before that, I need to clear few things Daksh! I need you to prove your love to me"
"Go ahead!" He said happily when Anika asked without hesitation, "Do you still have that dollar which you showed me stating the letter A in that dollar meant me?!"

"I do." He said shocking Anika.
"I need that dollar, Daksh. That would tell me how much you love me because you still have it with you." She managed to say and he said, "Why not! It must be in my suitcase!"

*

"What the hell!" Shivaay almost hollered trying his best to remain surprised when his wife told her conversation with Daksh and she covered her ears.
"How can he still have that dollar?!" Sid posted a question in between and the other two stared at him.
"Guys, I'm trying to help!" He said shrugging his shoulder when they said back in unison, "Not helping at all Sid."

"Why are we panicking so much? Let us see if he brings that dollar! He was sounding uncertain." Sid spoke again to which Anika nodded, "True he did sound uncertain. Wait how do you know Sid?!"
"You told me right?!" Sid asked trying to sound confident.
"Yeah but you spoke as though you heard him!" She said feeling suspicious.

"You are a good narrator you know." Shivaay said sounding nervous because he was the next one to get caught if she started her investigation.

"I'm starving!" Sid and Anika cried like kids while Shivaay rolled his eyes.
"Scrambled egg!" Sid ordered, and Anika continued, "Chilly Egg!"
"Omlette." They heard a voice from behind and they turned back to see Dadi smiling at them.
"Dadi, I'm making omlette for both of us. Not taking any other orders!" Shivaay said waving at his grandmother making her chuckle.
"Not fair!" The other two cried.

"Be happy like this, forever." Dadi stated tears escaping her eyes when the other three ran to her.
"Dadi, we are sorting this out. Don't worry!" Anika said caressing her cheeks knowing Dadi was upset with whatever was happening.
"I know, you are all smart enough to deal with this!" She patted her cheek.

_______________________________________

To be continued <3