🔥 II 🔥

"Don't start a fire if you can't handle the heat"

2|DANCING FLAME

Her arctic blue eyes watch with wonders at the wall in front of her, fighting the urge to blink. She waits patiently for the sun to touch the wooden wall, signaling that the day she has been waiting for since last year has come. A smile is on her rose-red lips, and the excitement in her eyes doesn't go past anyone. The girl, Arabella, lies on an old, wooden bed that has a few blankets over it and one pillow. All in white, but, over time the color has become more like yellow.

At last, her tired eyes, come to see the rays from the sun as they lightly grace the wall. She wastes no time to get up and still in her undergarments, she runs out of her bedroom. Not minding the noise she makes. The day she has been longing for is finally here and she doesn't want to waste a second of it. She runs to the main room of her little house and sitting on the sofa, are her two favorite people. Her brothers, her saviors, her family. The twins, Grayson and Jaxon.

"There she is" Grayson, the older twin says, as both of them stand up. The three of them join together in a hug, a thing that is well-known in this family and no one misses an opportunity to hug when they need it. "Happy birthday, dear sister" They say in unison, as they are used to do. "Thank you" Arabella tells them and giggles. She sits down on the sofa, in the middle. While her two brothers sit on either side of her. On the small wooden table in front of the sofa, are two presents. "Which one do you want to open first?" Jaxon asks her, wanting her to pick his.

"That one" She says and reaches to take the one left of her, which is from the younger twin, who is just happy that his gift was picked first. The two brothers are very competitive and when it comes to their little sister, all they do is compete to win her love and be the best brother that she know. Of course, she thinks that both her older brothers are equally the best brothers that she knows and she loves them equally. But, she can't deny that it's not entertaining to watch them bicker and argue of who's the best.

The present in her hands is just a small, and simple wooden box that is no bigger than her fist. The wood is decorated with hand-cravings that her brother made himself, as he's found passion in wood cutting and loves nothing more than creating something with a knife and a plank of wood. Without opening the box, she looks at the carvings. By first glance, you might believe it to be just a bunch of nonsense, but looking closer, you start to see the beautiful image that these carving contain.

On the lid of the box is a carving into the wood is a small baby wrapped around in a blanket. And on side of the box are images of person from infant to child to teenager. As a sign that Arabella is now a teenager and is soon to be wed to someone, as much as that pains the two brothers. To give up their only sister, to a man they barely know. Under the box, her name is carved into the wood and around it, small hearts and other fancy decorations that make it look beautiful.