🔥 XXI 🔥

"He set fire to the world around him, but never let a flame touch her"

21|A QUEEN SHE HAS BECOME

The throne room is quiet for a minute or two. The horrified healer still looks at Arabella with a shocked look, even now that he can see her, he doesn't believe that she's actually there. Arabella looks at him with a questionable look, wondering what compelled this man to murder her. She can't find a reason for it, she has never seen him before in her life, and she doesn't believe that he had seen her before he healed and poisoned her. "Who are you?" She asks, her voice is powerful and she doesn't hesitate. She doesn't show him that she's nervous or how she has never done this before.

She might have the knowledge of how to act and speak, but that is only knowledge, living it and being it is different and nothing can prepare her for that. The Queen might feel nervous, yet she doesn't show a hint of it to anyone. Lucifer and his sister, however do know, as they already knew the girl. She might have changed, and she might have become the Queen but that doesn't hide the girl she used to be, the girl they know. That girl is hidden rather well, yet not well enough to fool the siblings.

They, however don't show that. "I'm a healer... your Majesty" He speaks, never looking away from the Queen in her burning fire dress. Even the guards have taken a look on that dress, not understanding it at all, but they do think it fits their Queen, as she is Queen of the Underworld. "If you believe yourself to be a healer, then why do you do an evil deed and murder your Queen?" Lucifer asks before Arabella has the chance to even say anything. His voice holds a lot of anger and she notices.

Her hand travels to his hand holds it, bringing comfort to not only him but also to her. The healer gulps and he's even more frightened now that he has angered the King and no one has ever lived when his beast is out and his wrath. "Forgive me, your Majesties, I had no choice. The world doesn't need a Queen to control them. When I learned of the Queen in Hell, I knew I had to put an end to it" The healer speaks, his voice doesn't even have emotions when he speaks. It terrifies her, how he can speak like that about her with no emotion.

"Why?" She asks, this time a hint of sorrow in her voice. She doesn't understand how this healer, a human, her own kind can betray her like this. Trust and loyalty. That was what her brothers had taught her and she lived by that. Trusting others will get their trust in return, and showing loyalty will earn her loyalty from them. "Did someone make you do this?" She asks when she doesn't get an answer from him. Trusting him and showing him loyalty, isn't easy, for he hasn't even earned it and she doubt he ever will. He murdered her, what more does she have to say.

The healer is taken back on that question and doesn't know how to answer it, and the only reason his, she spoke the truth. She figured it out. The look on his face tells her everything she needs to know. "You never learned about me, did you?" She asks him, looking directly into his eyes. Her stare intense, yet he doesn't speak. "I don't believe you're a healer. I knew I healer and he despised seeing others harmed, lived his life healing and saving others. That is a healer, which you are not. So, I ask you again, who are you?" She asks, her mind has already figured out things that no one else has in the throne room, not even Luna and her brother.