🔥 XII 🔥

"Fire is its own life force with powers beyond us"

12|A TOUR GONE WRONG

"My dear, Arabella, are you listening?" Lucifer asks the girl at breakfast. From the moment she had woken up in the morning, she hadn't been able to focus on anything. She's been so lost in her own mind to even notice the world around her for even a second. The scene plays over and over again in her head, the words she heard still echo in her head. She hasn't been able to think anything more but the thing that happened to her. "Yes, I'm listening" She answers, when she hadn't even be listening. He had been telling her of the things he has planned for the day.

She of course, didn't hear a word he had told her. The girl hadn't even taken a bite of her breakfast. She had been playing with her food since she got food in front of her. The King has been rather worried about the girl he loves and doesn't understand what is happening to her, to make her be this way. The only explanation that he can come up with is that the kiss they shared is still on her mind. And it is, along with everything else that happened to her.

"Then repeat what I had just told you" He says, a chuckle escapes his lips and a smirk plastered on his face. He already knows she won't be able to. But, he does want to know what has her mind so lost. He also wonders if she had liked the kiss he gave her. "Well... uh..." She trails off, unsure of what she can even say. Her mind isn't thinking straight. "As I was saying, today we shall have a quiet day. You need a tour around the castle" He starts, but stops himself to see if she's really listening this time or lost again.

"A tour around the castle?" She asks, clearly she listened. "Yes, this is your home and soon you'll be able to go anywhere in the castle you'd like" He tells her. He wants her to know the home she will be staying forever. However, the dungeon is a place he will not take her to, not only is it a place unfit for a Queen but it's also a place where he keeps his enemies, if any of them where to learn of his weakness, they would try to hurt the girl and she can not get hurt. No matter what.

She gives him a kind smile, yet hides inside what she really feels. "I would like that, very much" She tells him, behind her words is a hint of sadness that he unfortunately doesn't see. The way that he said that this will be her home, breaks her heart. She hides her feelings in her smile, and hides it pretty well from the King. He doesn't notice how her fire eyes are filled with sadness, and how her smile isn't a real happy one. He's far too busy in his joy to even notice it.

He does however notice how little or nothing she has eaten, but he doesn't say anything about it. This may be strange for him, but this is normal for the girl. In the last few years, she had skipped some meals because of her girl problems and though it might be unhealthy, you don't mess with a girl or boss her around when she's going through it. However, this is not that time of the month and she's just too much in her mind and it's racing with thoughts, about the kiss and the thing with the white rose and herself.