🔥 XVIII 🔥

"Don't fear fire, fear the one wielding it"

18|THE BEAST HAS BEEN TAIMED

The midnight haired girl sat in her brother's study later that night. The talk she had with the future Queen has her deep in thoughts, not only was she in the presence of the greatest Queen of all time, but also the one her brother truly loves. She has seen how he has had many other women, yet never cared about them. The love in his eyes when he looks at Arabella is true love, that hopefully one day will be returned by her. Getting the stubborn girl to fall in love with him is not only frustrating for him but also for his sister to watch.

"Sister, what is it you need?" He asks his sister, as he sits in his chair, devouring a alcoholic drink, and has nearly finished a whole bottle of it. "Brother, I might suggest you spend the night with Arabella. She's getting lonely here and you indeed have a lot to explain to her" Luna speaks, she sees how he loves her, yet he avoids her, she doesn't know why her brother acts like this. "I believe she despises me. She doesn't wish to get close to me" Lucifer answer, he's been afraid of Arabella rejecting him since the moment he held her for the first time in his arms.

Luna's thoughts wander to the conversation that she shared with the girl, and the words she used to describe her brother. She had told her that she is attracted to him, without those exact words, Luna had to read between the lines to notice, unless she's reading into things that aren't there, which she doesn't believe she is. "Believe me brother, when I say that the young girl doesn't despise you. Go to her, spend time with her. If you leave her alone all this time, her feelings might change. She might even have one of the guards as her lover" Luna says, teasing.

Those words anger the King, and she knows it. "SHE IS MINE!!! SHE BELONGS TO ONLY ME!!!" He yells at his sister. The beast has awoken and it will do anything in its power to keep the sweet innocent girl has his, and his alone. Only he can love her and no one else. Luna doesn't feel the slightest fear, but she does let out a chuckle. "Then go to her, be with her. Make her feel safe and protected. Speak to her. Don't let her find comfort from someone else" She says.

He doesn't respond because he's already out the door, fuming with anger that Arabella has found a lover. The girl is the most beautiful girl he has laid his eyes upon, she's bound to have men (or demons in this case) fighting for her attention. His guards can betray him and take his future wife as their lover. He storms the hallway, the anger in him rising with each step. No guard in sight, if there were, he would have ripped them in half by now, or have them spend the rest of their miserable lives in Hellfire.

When he's standing in front of the door of their bed chamber, he hears something inside. Singing. Beautiful singing. Coming from his love. The beast inside him calms down to her beautiful singing voice. The songs she sings is foreign to him, yet he doesn't listen to the words, he listens to her voice as it is flawless on every note. Even when he watched over her, her entire life, he never once heard her sing. He often heard one of her brother's sing her a lullaby, but their voices were not as gifted as her's is.