🔥 XXVII 🔥

"All fire can burn you, but will you let yourself get burned or will you live"

27|BETRAYAL WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT

Cursed. That was all the fire haired girl could think about when she and Luna were in the carriage. She hadn't listen to anything that Poseidon had said to her after that word was spoken. And when he saw how she wasn't responding and was trapped deep in her mind, he knew that he had to send her back up to the surface. That is where Luna had greeted her, yet Arabella only stood up from the water and walked out of the cave and up those golden stairs. With a worried black haired girl trailing behind her, wondering what had happened down there.

Cursed. The word repeated itself over and over again in her mind. It burned in her mind and it was slowly poisoning it. The mind can be your worst enemy if you're alone and she might be with Luna in a carriage, yet she feels alone. She's alone in her mind and it burns her and thinking about this is even worse. On top of everything else that has happened to her, this happens. She might have gotten more courage from coming back to life, which she still doesn't understand, yet she feels like that courage has crumbled to the ground, as if it was never there at all.

Cursed. The more she thought about it, the more horrible the word was. In her village, there were stories like it always has been in history. People tell stories of things that aren't real, yet perhaps she's realizing that all those stories she heard had a bit of truth in them. Witches, magic and worlds after death exists. Maybe she's overthinking this through, or maybe she's not even thinking this enough but all she can think of is him and what has happened to him and what she can do to help. And she realized that she can't.

Cursed. Even overthinking it makes the word sound foreign in her own mind. After thinking this for some time, she had come to know that all of this is because of her. All of this started because of her and she wasn't even born yet. The prophecy is about her, and because it, he had been wed so many times, and his current wife is with him because he thought she was her. And now when she was with him, all that happened to them was misfortune. Nothing good ever came out of it. Slowly, Arabella begins to wonder if she is his curse. A tear slips down from her eye, but is wiped away by Luna.

"Don't cry, it will be all right. I may not know what is making you cry, yet I do notice something else. Look..." Luna says as she points out the window. Finally getting out of her own mind, Arabella comes back into reality and when her eyes see what Luna had been meaning, she gasps, yet this time it was a happy one. Water forms in her eyes as she can not even believe her own eyes of what they're seeing.

Right outside the carriage, millions of people have gathered around it, she had been so busy in her mind that she hadn't noticed that it had stopped. "Queen Arabella. Queen Arabella. Queen Arabella" They chanted over and over again, they were laughing and they were happy and they wanted her and they did not want her dead, they wanted her because she was their Queen and now they were her subjects. Sure, they might be the sinners from earth, and these people might be demons in human form, but right now, they were her solution.