Chapter # 9

Iqra's PoV

Everyone congratulate me and leave the room to congratulate groom. Hira sat behind me and hug me.
"One day, u will be grateful to me for persuding u in this relation." She said to me in low voice with smile on her face.
Her words were echoing in my minds.
How can I be grateful to her for this marriage Huh. I don't think I will be able to give Rehan his rights on me.
I was lost in my thoughts when Hira patted on my shoulder.
"It's time to go." She said and I stood by taking her hands.

As I enter the hall, all eyes were on me. My eyes were fixed on floor. Reaching near the stage, Rehan extend his hand for me and I took his hand but not look at him. We stood together on stage.
"U are looking beautiful." Rehan whisper near my ear. I was startled by his sudden words.

We were sitting together and now it's time for Mehndi. One by one all couples including my parents, and Rehan's parents, my friends and cousins, Zain and other relatives come and give us our blessings.
Is Zain does not feel anything for me. Am I doing ri8 by thinking about Zain? Now I am Rehan's wife. How can I think about Zain. Ya Allah! Please help me. I m not understanding what is happening to me.

Rehan's PoV

She was looking like a doll. My eyes were fixed on her but she was looking down. When I extend my hand for her, she accept it. I was so happy. It was first time, she touch me. Her soft hand, I wish I could always held her hand in mine.
"U are looking beautiful." I whisper near her ear and she startled at my comment.
She sat together and I was repeatedly seeing her.
"C'mon bhai, now please look towards photographer. Bhabhi I not going anywhere, after some hours, she will live with you" Nishwa said while giggling and winking me. I sternly look at her. When I turn my head, Iqra was smiling but as she saw me looking at her, she again start looking at her hands.
She has such a beautiful smile.
After sometime, everyone came and give us blessings, also ate us sweets. She ate first and then me.
I was feeling taste of sweets more good when she ate first and then me. Her soft pink lips...OMG...what am I thinking...but now she is mine..I have every right on her. Control Rehan control.

Now it was time to go. Ya Allah! When these rituals end. I just want to take my bride to my home. After saying goodbye to everyone, we leave for home.

Iqra's PoV

I was in my room sitting in front of mirror. I was lost in my thoughts when someone patted my shoulder. I saw my mother standing behind me.
'What are u doing?' She asked me politely.
'Nothing. Just putting of this jewellery.' I said with little smile on my face.
'Here come sit with bed' she held my hand and we both sat on bed.

'Iqra?'
'Hmm?'
'Are u happy from this relation?' My mother asked me.
Her question was echoing in my mind and and this question put me in deep thought that whether I m happy from relation or not.
'What happened? Answer my question. Are u happy?' She again asked me with confusion in her voice.
I just nodded my head in positive because I had no words at that time and I don't want to hurt her. She smile and I rested my head in her lap. She put her hands on my head and start massaging my head slowly.

'U know when u, Hira, and Aamir were little me and ur father saw many dreams for all of u. Your fathers family members were against us because we think that daughters should not study on higher levels while ur father always wanted that their children study more and stand on their feet. We struggled to make u both study in good school, college and university. After the Marriage of Hira, we dreamed that u also live good life with your husband. Ur father was very happy when Rehan's proposal came for u. I send Hira to ur room to know about ur thinking about this proposal. You know why I send her to ur room because I think you will feel shy by sharing ur views with me. I think u would easily share ur emotions with Hira. That's why I send her.
Beta, Rehan is very good boy. He will surely make u happy. Every relation need time. I m sure u will make this relation long lasting with your patience and love. Patience and love are two most important weapons of a woman. With her patience, she can face every problem in life easily and with love, she can break big stones." She said.
"Mama?"
"Hmmm?"
"Are u happy from this Marriage?" I asked her.
" am I not looking happy or should I show u dance to express that how happy I am." She said while laughing.
"I am really very happy for u." She said and kiss my forehead.
"Iqra, u have to give Rehan every rights which he deserve." She said to me in little ordering tone.
"Now, go to sleep. It's late." She said and again kiss my forehead.
"Good night" she said and leave the room.

Whole night pass tossing on bed. I was not feeling sleepy and my mom's words were echoing in my mind
u have to give Rehan every rights which he deserve.

A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.