Chapter # 18

Both saw bright lights of truck coming towards their car. Rehan turn his car on other side resulting in collide with tree. The truck driver also turn to other side and collide with other car.
They become unconscious and not know what will happen next. People gather there and someone call ambulance. In the meantime, ambulance reached and they were taken to the hospital.

On the other hand, Shazia was worrying about them because they had not reach home yet. She dialled Rehan's number but no one was answering. Then she try Iqra's number. Someone spoke on other side of phone which make her shocked. She hurriedly ran to his husband trembling and crying.

Both were lying unconscious on bed in different rooms. Their parents reached hospital and after inquiring from receptionist they came to the room where Rehan and Iqra was lying.
Doctor came out of Rehan's rooms and his father asked about their condition from the doctor.
"He is out of danger now...he will be recover soon..." doctor told them.
"But.." doctor stop in between his conversation.
"But what???" Mr. Saeed asked with worry.
"But her wife is still in danger..pray for her...I am sorry...due to excess loss of blood..she has miscarriage...we are trying our best to save her life..and...Please arrange O+ blood for her.." doctor said and left.
Everyone was shocked and worried because they don't know about Iqra's pregnancy then Iqra's mom told them about Iqra's pregnancy.
Nobody present there have O+ blood then Aamir (Iqra's brother) told them that only two persons in their family has O+ blood. One is Iqra and other is Zain. Not wasting more time he call Zain and told him whole incident. He agree to come there and donate blood.
.
.
.
Rehan gain his consciousness after some time. He open his eyes and saw white ceiling. For a moment, he didn't realise where he us. Then the incident flash in his mind and in panic he try to get up from bed but hiss in pain because of injuries. The first question he asked to his parents was about Iqra and they told him about her condition.
He was shocked to her the news about her pregnancy then her words echoed in his mind..

"What happened?? Is everything okay??" He asked looking at her.
"I want to tell you something but not here first go home then I will tell u.." she said shyly and they both sat in the car.
"What is it?? Why can't u tell me this now?" He asked with curiosity.
"No..first we go home then I will tell u...it's a secret.." she said like a child...and whisper last part near his ear.

Rehan try to go to her room but he was not recovered yet.
All family members praying for Iqra's life..it is said that if u pray wholeheartedly then Allah will surely listen to u.
Doctor came and told them about her condition that she is out of danger now. They can meet her when she would be shifted into room which was next to Rehan.
After some time, she was shifted into room but was unconscious due to injections and medicines. She was lying on bed with attached drips and tubes.

Flashback

She was running and someone was chasing her. She was hearing the crying of baby and in dark she was not able to know where the child is. She was running behind the voice. As long as she was running the voices began to increase. After running alot, she saw a door from where dim light coming. She was about to run to that place when someone in the dark hold her arm. She was trying to free her arm from the grip but it was of no use..then she saw the voice of crying baby also stop but she want to go and hold her child but the grip was so strong. She begged and cry to hold her baby but the baby was out of sight now..
Then she saw a figure in the dark whom she knows..he was calling her name again and again...ot was none other than Rehan. He was waving her to come in his arms. As soon as she saw Rehan the grip on her arm in darkness lose and taking advantage of this opportunity she ran into his arms crying...

Rehan was sitting beside Iqra calling her name, brushing her hairs with hand, kissing her hands. His parents try to stop him but he was so stubborn that without listening to anyone he goes to Iqra's room avoiding his pains. He was feeling so restless and pain seeing her in this condition. He was crying..he was begging her to awake and talk to her.
.
.
Iqra gain her consciousness and saw Rehan sitting beside her on chair. There was a bandage on his head and arm. She try to speak but her throat was dry..after lot of struggle a word came out from her mouth.
W..w..wa..t..er..
Rehan instantly help her to drink water. He was happy after seeing her awake but was also aware that how she react when she know about miscarriage.
She caress her belly but was not feeling anything which she feel when she know about her pregnancy. She was getting restless..then she nervously look at Rehan who was not meeting his gaze with her.
"Rehan?" She called. In response she look at her.
"Rehan I am pregnant whe are going to be parents..u are listening na?? We are going to be parents..."
She assured him but he was looking down hiding his unshed tears.
"Rehan? Why are u not looking at me..I am telling truth.." She said but still no response.
I call the doctor for your checkup he said and was about to go when Iqra hold his hand.
"My baby is alright na?" She asked with tears in her eyes but Rehan was standing giving no response.
This time she angrily shout and speak last part with hiccups.."Rehan I am talking to u..why are u not answering my question...my baby is fina na??? Please tell me that...my baby... my baby... is fine".
After gathering lot of courage he sit beside her and caress her hairs..
"Our baby has gone too far from us.." he said with tears.
"No...no...no..u are lying...please tell me the truth that our baby is fine...please.." she said and begged the last part but nothing could change the reality.