Cinnamon's Wake (Continued)

Gabby's POV

        I freshened up in the bathroom, and headed downstairs to get something to eat. I'm gonna have to start being more aware of my health now that I have a baby depending on me. When I reached the bottom of the stairs Uncle Morey came up to me and hugged me. I hugged back tightly.

         "Babs told me you were here and I almost didn't believe her. I'm so glad you're here. I missed you." Now Uncle Morey wasn't a very loud person, so to say, but he always got a little louder when it was just Aunt Babs and I.

         "I missed you too, Uncle Morey. I was just fixing to go get something to eat. Wanna join me?" He nodded his head and we went to the food. I picked out what looked to be the healthiest food. Then we went to go sit down and chill. After a while, Uncle Morey staryed playing the piano. Everyone gathered around. Luke sat with Uncle Morey on the bench, and another lady with short dark red hair was patting the drum along to the song. Soon enough, Aunt Babs made her to Uncle Morey. She cuddled up to him and listened to him play. It was a sweet sight. One not even close to anything you would see my parents doing.

            After a while everyone was clearing out, and all that was left was my aunt and uncle, and the woman who barged past Luke earlier with what looked like her daughter. They were both very pretty, with stunning blue eyes.

           "You must be Gabby. Babette told me you were here." The woman approached me while her daughter and Aunt Babs and Uncle Morey were talking.

          "Yes, that's me. Who are you?"

          "I'm Babette's neighbor, Lorelai, and that one over there is my daughter." She confirmed my suspicions.

          "I assume you're the one who put this wake together then. Uncle Morey was very thankful for you." I guessed.

           "Yes, its the least I could do." She replied as Aunt Babs and Uncle Morey came over. We started heading out the door and down the steps.

           "Let us know if we can do anything." Lorelai offered.

          "Oh, you've done too much already." Aunt Babs hugged Lorelei, and Uncle Morey hugged Rory.

          "Goodnight, Babette."

          "Goodnight sugar."

          "Goodnight Morey." Rory said.

          "Stay cool Rory." Uncle Morey replied. Aunt Babs exhaled, and stood by Uncle Morey as Rory and Lorelai went home.

          "Its getting late."

          "Let's stay outside a while baby. Look for the big dipper." Uncle Morey offered.

          "Okay. I'd like that." Aunt Babs looked into Uncle Morey's eyes like he meant the world to her. Which he did.  They both looked up at the stars and settled into their hug. A went back inside to settle in and give them their space. I went back to my room, and layed down. Its been a long day. A lot of stuff has happened today. Life altering things. I went to sleep as I thought about my life now.