Red Light on the Wedding Night

It's getting closer to Lorelai's wedding, and I couldn't be more excited for her

    It's getting closer to Lorelai's wedding, and I couldn't be more excited for her. She told me about how she made up with her mom, so everything was going well so far. Right now, I was with Lorelai, Max, and Kirk. Kirk was trying to get them to hire him as their photographer, and it was pretty funny. "And here's a sample of some of my black and white shots."

     "Wow, Kirk. I didn't know you were into photography." Lorelai says surprised. Me too.

     "It's my passion." He says plainly.

     "Have you ever shot a wedding before?"

     "Actually this would be my first official wedding gig, or photography gig for that matter." Kirk says as he sits down. "But believe me, I've got the eye, and my Nikon is state of the art."

     "I've got a Nikon too. It's an N64 with 3-D matrix metering, 35 to 210 zoom. What have you got?" Max asks him. Oh, this will be good. 

     "It's a Nikon." His face as blank as could be.

     "I gotta tell you Kirk, these are really good for amateur shots." Lorelai compliments him. 

     "Thanks. That's me and my parents on vacation in the Berkshires." Lorelai shows Max and me. 

     "Mm, nice looking family." I tell him. 

     "And those are some self portraits." You know, I'm not so sure I wanna see those. 

     "Ohh! Kirk! You are nude!" Yep, there it is. 

     "No, no. I'm wearing speedos, they're flesh colored." He explains, thankfully. 

     "Wait a minute, I recognize this." Max starts. 

     "Nice photo, huh?" Max looks at him with an incredulous face.

     "This is V.J. day. New York, 1945." Oh, crap. Kirk.

     "Right, I include it as an example of the excellence that I aspire to." Kirk tries to save himself. 

     "How much for your services?" Only Lorelai would actually want Kirk.

     "How about 150 an hour?"

     "Wowza Kirk! What kinda photographer are you?!" I almost shout. 

     "How about lunch and the cost of the film?" Lorelai tries to negotiate. 

     "You won't be sorry." Kirk concedes.

     "Done."

     "I thank you." Kirk then takes his stuff and leaves.

     "Bye." Lorelai tells him. Then Max tries to leave, it doesn't go as easy as he hopes. So, I go into the kitchen to give them some space and cause I'm really hungry. 33 weeks pregnant will do that to you. When Max finally leaves, Lorelai comes into the kitchen. "So, how your date last night? What was it the third?"