The Third Lorelai

Gabby's POV

It was a Friday night and I was waiting for Rory to get home so we could hang out

It was a Friday night and I was waiting for Rory to get home so we could hang out. I was sitting on my bed just thinking about when I told Josh about our baby.

I was sitting on my bathroom floor in tears. There was no way that was actually a plus sign. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with a baby. How is Josh going to react? Will he even believe me? Oh, gosh! What about my parents? How in the world will I ever tell them? This was not supposed to happen! It was only one time. Now I have another human being depending on me to survive. I'll have to raise this little baby into a living person. I don't know if I can do that!

After resting on the floor for over an hour, contemplating my life decisions and what I did to deserve this, I hear the door open downstairs. I quickly look at the time. 4 o'clock. No way it was my parents. That means it must be Josh. I guess it's now or never.

I slowly force myself off the ground right as he walks into my room. As I walk out of the bathroom, he stalls as he notices the tears on my face.

"What's wrong?" He asks with almost no concern. When did he get like this?

"Um, I have something to tell you." I squeak out.

"Okay. What is it?" Josh sits down on my bed and I go to sit across from him.

"Uh." This is the scariest thing I've ever done in my life.

"Come on. Out with it." He starts to get impatient, like always.

"I'm, um, I'm pregnant." I whisper, almost to low for him to hear. But I know he hears when he yanks away from me in horror.

"You're lying." He says as he stands up to get farther away from me.

"No. I'm not. I was late, so I bought a test." I pull the test from behind my back to show him. He gives it one glance and then I can tell he's starting to get angry.

"Well, get rid of it then. I don't want it."He's almost to the door now as he shatters my heart with word he says.

"What? No, this is our baby. I can't just kill it!" I can't even believe he would say such a thing. This is a human life, one that we created. How can he be so heartless?

"Then leave me out of it!" He yells, walking out of my room. He turns around before he fully leaves. "Come back tome when you come to your senses." He says in the most apathetic voice that I've ever heard come from him. I watch him leave as I can feel my heart slowly leaving with him. I thought he loved me. I thought that we could do this together. I crumble into a mess of sobs. I slowly start to feel my entire reality being shattered and destroyed with just a few words. I have no one. No one, except for this new life that's growing inside of me. I flinch as he slams the front door, officially leaving me behind.