The Road Trip to Harvard

It's the next day and Lorelai and Rory are gone on their road trip already

     It's the next day and Lorelai and Rory are gone on their road trip already. I don't know exactly where they are going, but neither do they. I just hope that Lorelai finds what she's looking for. I feel a little bad for Max, but this is what she needs right now. So I wish them the best and hope Lorelai comes back happy. 

     Meanwhile, though, I head to Luke's to get something to eat and to see Sam. When I walk in I head straight to the counter and sit down in front of him. He leans down to give me a kiss before he asks me what I want. I have to think for a minute, the pregnancy has really thrown my taste buds off. 

    "Uh, maybe pancakes with ketchup." That sounds really good right now. He gives me another look but heads back to tell Ceaser anyway. When he comes back he fills up my cup with tea and we talk before he has to get back to work. "So, how's your day so far?"

    "Better now that you're here. Wanna hang out tonight?" He asks me. 

    "Uh, duh. I wouldn't ever not want to hang out with you." We just stare into each others eyes for  what felt like forever before Luke yelled at him to get back to work. So, he reluctantly leaves me with a kiss, and gets busy. Eventually, he comes around with my pancakes. Even when I'm done, I hang around just to watch him and we'd make eye contact every once in a while. I think I'm starting to love him. Which is ridiculous, I mean I've only known him for a couple months. But he's just so perfect. 

     Too soon, I head home to clean a little bit of what I can before Aunt Babs and Uncle Morey get home. I probably can't do much, but I wanna do as much as I can. They've done so much for me, I try to do what I can for them. But when I get home, before I can start trying to clean up, the phone rings, so I answer it. 

    "Hello?" 

    "Hey, it's me." Rory answers.

     "Oh, hey. So, how's it going? How is she?" I ask.

    "Um, it's going alright. I can't really tell how she is, and I've not had the courage to ask yet. But we're in Portsmouth, New Hampshire at the moment and she said she had a friend who had opened a B and B here." Before she can continue I interrupt.

     "A B and B? Ew." 

    "Yeah, that's what I said, but she said it was supposed to be really cool, like each room was supposed to be decorated like a different century. So I agreed eventually and we went there. But when we got here, it was nothing like she said. I'm in the bathroom right now and I think I want to tear my eyes out. We came in and this woman was at the desk. She asked us if we wanted to ring the bell. And then she said she bought this place from Mom's friend a year ago. This place is the definition of a B and B."

    "Gross." I interjected.

    "Yeah, and we walked into our room, because we had nowhere else to go and you should see it. Think LSD and flowers. It's that bad. And then we were hungry so we tried to go downstairs and there was a huge room full of old people chitchatting. And we couldn't get out because Mom didn't want to chitchat with them and neither did I. So now we're stuck up here starving to death with nothing to eat or do. Save me."