Forgiveness and Stuff (Continued)

Gabby's POV

      We enter Luke's and sit down at the counter. Lorelai huffs as she puts her jacket and purse down, and Luke comes over to us.  "Hey." She says in greeting.

       "Rory coming?" Luke asks. I can see that they're about to go back and forth. 

       "No."

       "She on a date?"

       "No."

       "Good. So you forbid her to see the bag boy?"

       "I'd really rather not talk about it right now." Lorelai tries to deflect the question. 

       "Just tell me you forbid her to see the bag boy." Luke continues on.

       "I did not forbid her to see the bag boy." 

       "Are you crazy?" Luke asks as he sets the coffee pot down.

       "Well, he looks like he's moving up to produce, so he's suddenly become quite a catch." Lorelai quips, as usual.

       "That kid is trouble." Luke tries to persuade her.

       "Can we order please?" Lorelai tries to get Luke off of the subject.

      "First time I looked at him, I thought he was trouble." Luke interrupts her. 

      "Excuse me, I'm the one who told you I thought he was trouble, and you told me you thought I was crazy." Lorelai defends herself.

       "You are crazy and he is trouble." Luke says as he gets out his notepad.

       "He is not trouble! He's 6'2! He's beautiful! And he's completely in love with my daughter!" Lorelai starts to defend Dean. So I guess it really did go well. 

       "Trouble," is all Luke says back. 

       "Big time." Lorelai gives up. 

       "I'll get your burgers." He leaves to go get them when Lorelai stops him. 

       "Wait. Can I see a menu?" I wonder why she wants a menu, she eats 95% of her meals here, she could recite that menu from memory. 

       "You need to see a menu?" Luke asks, probably wondering the same thing I was. 

       "Yes." She replies.

       "You come here everyday." 

       "I know. But, I usually order the same thing, but tonight I'm in the mood for something a little different." Lorelai explains her thinking. 

       "Menu?" Luke asks again. 

      "Piece of paper. List of food offered." Lorelai starts to get sarcastic.

      "Okay. Here." Luke hands her a menu and she takes it an opens it really dramatic. I look over to Luke. 

       "I just want my regular, please." 

       "Sure thing." Luke acknowledges what I said. He then looks over to Lorelai exasperated. "Its not in Japanese."

       "Don't you have any kind of holiday special? Something festive?" Lorelai asks Luke. Yeah right, Luke is anything but festive.

       "I just got some grey poupon. Its French." Luke tries to offer. 

       "Tonight's my parent's big Christmas celebration. There's good food, these amazing apple tarts, big tree. Its the only holiday I actually enjoy going over there for. And this year, I'm uninvited." Lorelai explains. I knew she was still upset about that. I feel bad for her. She looks like she really wanted to go.