5. What To Do

The Vampire

The blaze from the fire could be felt from across the street. With my arms crossed over my chest, I drum my fingers against my bicep as I mull over everything. After the girl fell unconscious in my arms, I set her down on the lawn across the road before running off in search of some gasoline and a lighter. It didn't take long. Now, with her house soon to be nothing but a smoking pile of cinders, that left me with Emmy.

I was irritated, to put it mildly. I don't understand what happened. One minute, I'm about to sink my teeth into her, the next, my throat and mouth are doused in hellfire. It was unbearable. It felt like I was being torn apart from the inside. Whatever that pain had been was worse than the time I tried to break into her house. I glower down at her, mouth set into a thin line as I debate on whether or not I should just kill her. On the ground, hair sprawled out around her head like a fan of dark silk, she appeared to me like a slumbering princess. It's been a long while since I've seen a human girl look so innocent and lovely in her sleep. All the slaves ever bought were always dressed provocatively to please their owner's lustful desires. My thoughts take a dirty turn for the worst and I smile, anger dissipating into something more conniving. For the past couple months, all I've ever wanted from this girl was her blood. Now, the possibilities were endless.

Don't get me wrong, I will taste her, eventually. But, until I figure out how to avoid being put in unimaginable amounts of pain, settling the score for all those nights being locked out will suffice. I bend down, scooping the mortal treat into my arms. Her head tilts, exposing that lovely neck of hers. My fangs ache and I look away.

Oh, I plan on having lots of fun with this little temptress. I let my imagination run wild as I take her to her new home.