Sunshine Gets His Revenge- Roman

"Boy, you got me helpless! Look into your eyes, and the sky's the limit."

Virgil's hand was so close to mine, I wanted to grab it, jerk him towards me, and kiss him full on the mouth. Everything about this kid was too perfect. His voice? Beautiful. His laughter and smile? The purest thing you've ever seen. His humor? Sarcastically flirty. 

I shook the thought out of my head, I had to focus on the current issue. If Ms. Kleinman was gonna entrust me with this rehearsal, I wasn't going to let her down. I stood up slowly and Virgil followed suit. "Alright, we're doing the question game! Everyone on stage!" I was about to walk up when Virgil caught my shirt sleeve and tugged me backward.

"What the hell is the question game?" I could hear the panic creeping into his voice. He kept his tight grip on my shirt.

"You have to try to have a conversation using only questions. It's a lot of fun, come on!" I trusted his grip was tight enough and ran over to the stage. As I expected, he was dragged along.

I explained the rules of the game with a confident smile. I was a master at this since I'd been playing from freshman year. Logan and Patton were still watching from the house, chatting about something or other. I breezed through my opponents easily, taking advantage of their hesitation and odd sentences. Then, Virgil walked up, a confident gleam in his eyes. Never a good thing.

I started the scene. "Did you follow me here?"

Virgil wasted no time with a response. "Are you really going to act like you didn't follow me?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you think the easiest way to make me love you is to stalk me?" Virgil took a step towards me, hands on his hips.

I was caught off guard but luckily the thing I said was a question. "Wait, what?"

"You think I haven't noticed you walking around, trying to talk to me?"

Damn, he was really good at this. "Why did you act like you didn't see me?"

"Why are you doing this to me? Are you trying to blackmail me?" Another step towards me. My glance went sideways. Logan was laughing silently as Patton recorded the whole thing from his phone.

"Can you just listen to me?"

"Can you give me a straight answer for once?" He was standing a foot away from me, his stance radiating hostility.

"It depends, what's your question?"

He took that final step towards me, so there were only a few inches between us. He grabbed my shirt collar and pulled me down to his level.  I could stare into those perfect eyes. My whole face was red as he growled just loud enough for everyone to hear him: "Do you want to kiss me right now?"

If possible, my face got even redder as I stuttered. How the hell did this happen? I couldn't think of anything to say. He smiled and for a minute I really thought he would kiss me. Instead, he pushed me back and let go of my collar, letting me stumble back. "Hesitation. You're out."

There was complete silence then loud shouting for Virgil as everyone cheered for him. I was still in shock, and though his tactics left me frazzled. I couldn't help but crack a smile and clap. Virgil Sanders made absolutely no sense and I loved him. I mean, I loved it. I loved that he made no sense. It was way too soon to go there.

While everyone was still laughing, including my two best friends, Virgil soundlessly glided over to me and whispered in my ear. "That's what you get for doing that outside the auditorium." I looked over at him, but he just smiled innocently and walked away.

I turned to Logan and Patton in the front row, asking for some confirmation on what had just happened. Logan flashed me a thumbs up and Patton mouthed to me, He digs you.

God, I really hoped he was right.